OP
OP
waynel

waynel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new LTA is moving now. I'll get some updated pics this morning after the sun comes up. I hope it doesn't sting anything. It did sting some xenia, hopefully it will recover.

OP
OP
waynel

waynel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the move
image.jpg

OP
OP
waynel

waynel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

the damaged Xenia:
image.jpg

OP
OP
waynel

waynel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today the mouth of my LTA is open and it’s not sticky. I tried to feed it a piece of shrimp, but it could not hold it.
image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
waynel

waynel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a LTA that's moving about, and not sticky, something to necessarily be concerned about, or just monitor it? It's looking healthy, to me, otherwise, and is expanded some. I'll try to get an updated picture later.

alysak6075

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a LTA that's moving about, and not sticky, something to necessarily be concerned about, or just monitor it? It's looking healthy, to me, otherwise, and is expanded some. I'll try to get an updated picture later.
Give it time. My LTA took about 3 weeks before it settled where it wanted to be. Open and extended is a good thing. if it closes up for more than a day or hides in a hole than its a problem. As it stands now, it looks fine, its getting used to its surroundings. Stop feeding it, that too might be stressing it out, new tank, too much food, new flow, new lighting. All you need now is patience and time.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would let it settle as well.

once it’s settled in, feed it small pieces and the size of a pellet of food. Just one small pellet and drop it in the mouth. Do this every 3 days. it will start to get sticky again.

But keep an eye on the mouth and make sure it’s not sick. A sick nem with getting fed is bad. Suggest you search the posts to get a clear idea of what a sick nem looks like.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back