Dying Zoa colony!

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well yeh, but does it have to die slow :(
I'm the same about aiptasia. I kill them but man do I hate to! I feel so guilty! They die fast from the kalk feeding don't they? I hope!

mapn4reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread cracked me up a bit...Chris glad you figured out the zoa issue. I suppose your girlfriend wouldn't like my bonus room too much would she...LOL... I think she does great things with her publication btw...

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No John, she wouldn't. She can't even go to Longhorn, because the poor cow keeps staring at her. :)

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not considered very helpful to this thread but..... I consider deer and dove pests..... Darn things are always jumping out in front of your car. hence the reason they often times end up on the dinner plate. :)

as for the Zoas, I hate to hear that. I lost what was a little colony that was doing incredible, then in a matter of days, they just melted away.. noting left but a plug...

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides being creepy, I got jabbed by a bristleworm and they hurt! For a long while!

He had it comin'!

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's kind of funny that some of us work so hard to make money to spend on one hobby to make things live, grow, and thrive. And yet, at the same time spend time and money to go out and shoot and kill something, and hang it on the wall. what the heck is that all about?! hahahaha

mapn4reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's kind of funny that some of us work so hard to make money to spend on one hobby to make things live, grow, and thrive. And yet, at the same time spend time and money to go out and shoot and kill something, and hang it on the wall. what the heck is that all about?! hahahaha

LOL, you'd be surprised at how many ethical hunters care more for animals (domestic, non-game species, and game species) than non-hunters, I've known and have encounter more non-hunters who care poorly for their pets and even less for wildlife. We've taken many sick/injured birds of prey to wildlife rehab facilities, most are released back into the wild. Also rescued many sick cows, or ones lame giving birth, or calves stuck in fences or loose on the road. Saved deer stuck in fences, talk about something that will break your heart... No telling how many box turtles I've moved off the road...LOL...

Anyway, back to your Zoas...how are they today?

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are responsible and ethical hunters out there. Unfortunately, there are just too few of them.

I don't know how they are doing, I left this morning and the lights were still out. I'll see in a few hours.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deer are pests . Ask anyone who owns a farm or garden near woods. Of course the deer are just trying to eat but so are cockroaches. People always wanna save the cute animals lol

Jennifier615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe there is a time and purpose for every animal to live and to die. Indians, Eskimo, and all other primitive and ancient cultures all understood the delicate balance between man and nature....they are here for us to eat, but we are also here to respect and protect them in the manner of we should respect our planet. I am not saying don't eat meat; I am not saying save the whales, or hug a tree.....just there is unbalance after years of disrespect and we need to once again learn the ways we've forgotten and take more steps to move in the right directions so our children have a full and healthy life too.

For those of you reefers about to "rock"- we salute you ;)

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree totally jen.. I heard the other day on tv from some scientist that this planet has 4bill to many people for earths natural resources

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back