OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally enjoyed the crazy twist and turns this thread has made.

My zoas are looking just okay. There was a lot of damage done, and all the moving around and dips hasnt made it want to open up all the way yet. I actually got these zoas from AC, it wasn't from anyone in the club. I dip all my corals as well, but when the snail is embedded down so deep, they just don't fall off. I think a nice close inspection and a little rigorous shaking might be in order from now on.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the snail could travel easily .. but also coulda come from AC as i had bought some not to long back from them .. but the frag i found them on was my AOG that i got from the first meeting i attended back in April so im pretty sure they didnt come on them lol

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this thread has made me look for a number of zoe colonies that I had before I moved. Sorry to say there are at least 3 different ones that are gone now. Moral of story don't move a tank 10+ hrs away and get in at 3 am to setup. who knows what happened to those. Also large spongodes colony ended up on the bottom of a big rock. I need to turn the rock to see if it is still alive. I hate it when I feel like I am committing genocide even if it is on a small level.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the snail could travel easily .. but also coulda come from AC as i had bought some not to long back from them .. but the frag i found them on was my AOG that i got from the first meeting i attended back in April so im pretty sure they didnt come on them lol
They can travel easily, this one was on one colony and then moved to the opposite side of the tank, which is 4 feet in distance. I think they come in on pieces that are attached to rock, and not a frag plug, if so, I think you would be able to see it. I would bet that it came from AC, since they order from the same place.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this thread has made me look for a number of zoe colonies that I had before I moved. Sorry to say there are at least 3 different ones that are gone now. Moral of story don't move a tank 10+ hrs away and get in at 3 am to setup. who knows what happened to those. Also large spongodes colony ended up on the bottom of a big rock. I need to turn the rock to see if it is still alive. I hate it when I feel like I am committing genocide even if it is on a small level.

So you have that many corals, that you didnt notice 3 zoa colonies missing until now? That is awesome! But at the same time, sorry for the loss. I still think you did an awesome job moving the tank, all things considered.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahahahaa! I'll let you setup a sundial rescue Tina, people from all over will come and drop them off to you...I'm sure of it

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have to forget these exist--it seems when the zoas are gone they starve to death so they obviously don't eat anything else. I can't consciously feed it a zoa either. So they can't live. :(

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back