Dynamically set an offset value?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

shoggoth43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to set up the P4 to take the max pH value for the day and then set up programmable logic to take action if that value gets below or above a certain amount based on that? Say I wanted it to turn something off if the pH dropped 1.0 below, or 1.2 above, what the maximum value was that day ( like if a calcium reactor malfunctioned or if too much Kalkwasser got added ). Is there any way to do this, or do I just have to set some hard limits for values and create virtual probes to accomplish this instead?

-
S

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to set up the P4 to take the max pH value for the day and then set up programmable logic to take action if that value gets below or above a certain amount based on that? Say I wanted it to turn something off if the pH dropped 1.0 below, or 1.2 above, what the maximum value was that day ( like if a calcium reactor malfunctioned or if too much Kalkwasser got added ). Is there any way to do this, or do I just have to set some hard limits for values and create virtual probes to accomplish this instead?

-
S

With the Apex you can program virtual outlets to perform different functions. I think this might be what you're referring to. I don't have a P4 so i'm interested to hear the answer to this question. I currently manipulate my pH with a solenoid valve and a WIFI timer. Using a controller is much easier and more precise. I just haven't bought another controller for this tank yet, so hopefully I can go with the P4 this time.

OP
OP
S

shoggoth43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the older Apex Classic ( the 2012 model ). I don't think there's a way to set a virtual outlet to do something at 1.0 lower than whatever the maximum pH value seen today is, at least not on the 2012 model. I know the Profilux has some dynamic options but I'm not sure how or where they would be used so this might not be possible but it would be very useful if there is.

-
S

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the older Apex Classic ( the 2012 model ). I don't think there's a way to set a virtual outlet to do something at 1.0 lower than whatever the maximum pH value seen today is, at least not on the 2012 model. I know the Profilux has some dynamic options but I'm not sure how or where they would be used so this might not be possible but it would be very useful if there is.

-
S

Not sure about the 2012, but the last one I had was old as well. I know that the virtual outlets could be programmed to basically anything you wanted. All you need to do was give the right command. "If pH < 8.20.......Then open solenoid valve....blah blah. "If pH > 8.40 then close solenoid valve. Would definitely be nice if GHL P4 can perform these functions.

I gave duties to these outlets mostly with the break out box and float switches. Sump high, skimmer high, sump low, topoff low, topoff high, etc. Like I mentioned....a solenoid valve could have easily been used as well.

Good luck... I hope you get an answer. I haven't been very successful here. You many want to head over to the other forum or open a ticket with the help desk.

OP
OP
S

shoggoth43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of them will do hard limits. Mine already is set that way so that’s not an issue.

I’ll probably have to open a ticket.

-
S

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.3%
Back