Dynos?

hard to be definitive without microscope pics, but the tank shots look like a mixed community of GHA, cyano, diatoms and probably also dinos.
So I wouldn't think of it as a dino-specific issue, but a general nuisance algae issue.
 
hard to be definitive without microscope pics, but the tank shots look like a mixed community of GHA, cyano, diatoms and probably also dinos.
So I wouldn't think of it as a dino-specific issue, but a general nuisance algae issue.
Okay so if I got a microscope picture could you help me identify it?
 
Okay so if I got a microscope picture could you help me identify it?
Yeah, the common things are easily distinguished under microscope.
 
OK, I bought a microscope and got the best sample. I could. I don’t know what this is but it is like stringy and when I pull it off of the sand bed, it is like a mat of algae. That is all one.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4628.png
    IMG_4628.png
    626.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4627.png
    IMG_4627.png
    626.2 KB · Views: 41

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new