EAReef 900S Build & Progress

bathaudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been a while since I last posted on reef2reef and change is upon me!

I am going to be moving house in the next month or so, and after we have decorated and laid new carpets, I will be installing my eareef 900s.

Having previous marine keeping experience has proved massively beneficial in the planning stages of this tank, along side the help from a few good friends of mine. I have learnt not to rush into purchases and that planning really is key to success in the marine world!

I travel a lot with work so need the system to be as self sufficient as possible!!!

This is where you guys come in! I am currently collecting equipment and would like your opinion on different elements of the system. So here we go:

EAReef 900S Tank & Sump
Maxspect Razor R420r 180W 15000K
Maxspect Gyre XF130
Eheim Return pump
TMC Reef Skim 300
TMC Auto Topup
TMC Vecton 600 UV
TMC Grobeam for refugium light
Fluidised Media reactor

So thats the current equipment list... But theres a few more items I would like to ask questions about...

Firstly, I would like to build an algae scrubber. I am planning on creating a loop in the sump for the UV and media. Could I incorporate the algae scrubber with this and what order should it be? I was thinking the following:

Pump>UV>Media>Scrubber???

I was also thinking of starting with dead rock in a tub and making it live. What is the best method for this and what time frame will i be looking at?

Can anyone recommend a battery backup for the gyre??

I think thats it so far!! Hopefully you will follow the build and I can get my questions answered =]

Many thanks,

Sam

OP
OP
bathaudio

bathaudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Never seem to get any replies on this forum... I must be boring =D

Went to the LFS today and was having a mooch when i spotted some dead rock that had been used in the DT and was drying out... got 15 KG for £35.

Planing on making this live again in a vat for 4 months or so before putting it in the tank!
How would you guys recommend doing this?

20151211_162943_resized.jpg
20151211_165700_resized.jpg
Thanks =]

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 101 43.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 108 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.5%
Back