Easiest way to catch peppermint shrimp?

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Does anybody have a strategy to catch peppermint shrimp WITHOUT having to move any of the rock work? I only caught 1/3 as he was trying to attack by BTA the other ones I can’t get even trying to draw them out with food.
Thanks

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I need to catch a crab or shrimp I just use a plastic water bottle. Cut the top off so there’s a shrimp sized entrance. Cut a few small holes in the bottle so air can get out. Then put some food in the back of the bottle. Hold the bottle near the shrimp and you should catch him pretty easily. Good luck!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Whenever I need to catch a crab or shrimp I just use a plastic water bottle. Cut the top off so there’s a shrimp sized entrance. Cut a few small holes in the bottle so air can get out. Then put some food in the back of the bottle. Hold the bottle near the shrimp and you should catch him pretty easily. Good luck!
I've done this trap a couple times successfully.
But I've had to leave the trap in over night.

When I made my trap I cut the top 3" off the top of a regular water bottle and invert it and glue it to the opening.
I used super glue.
Put some rock in the bottom to weigh it down and a chunk of raw shrimp and let it do it's thing.
I caught 9 shrimp over 5 nights last time I had to do this.

Back