Easing transition?

SaltyFoxfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy is part of a recently rescued 110g that crashed before I started on it. Over the last two months I've slowly brought the tank back up to where it should be, but this guy is still unhappy. I had to move him away from the overflow and thought I picked a good spot- medium flow, similar height as before, just a bit lower to compensate for a better light. His offspring and all the other corals are happy, it's just this big guy that isn't. Anything I can do to help ease the transition and make him happy again? I've reduced the light output for a few days, slowly bringing it up, and that helped a little. Oh, and I am waiting for my Kent Iodide to come in since I'm not sure when the last time was this tank was dosed.

Thanks!
20190803_092442.jpeg

OP
OP
SaltyFoxfish

SaltyFoxfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys are pretty hardy. I do not see any glaring issues with tissue. Just time. I have had these cabbage leathers sit in sump with no light for ages and then still survive when discovered. :)
Thanks for the reassurance! He's showing some signs of perking up already, I just want to make sure there's nothing else I can do to help. :)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 33.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 42 26.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back