Left is not even a half a gallon and right is a 2 gallon bucket. Check it out
33C2FCB1-9BCD-4FBB-B9D9-11EF9ED4A3EF.jpeg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is your secret to such great growth?

Scottrshoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about growing chaeto... I have a small HOB refugium for my tank, so not a lot of chaeto will fit in it...should I let it fill as much as possible? or divide and remove a portion of it to allow more room for growth?

OP
OP
W

WhySoSeriousDory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about growing chaeto... I have a small HOB refugium for my tank, so not a lot of chaeto will fit in it...should I let it fill as much as possible? or divide and remove a portion of it to allow more room for growth?
So I use to have one as a matter of fact and it was probably a 50 gal size hob filter and made it grow like crazy because the flow through it was so fast it grew all the time.

cut a little piece of filter floss or sponge filter and put it where the water is coming into the filter (rubber band if you need too) and then put chaeto with the clip on led from petsmart (that’s the light I use for all my chaeto).. put the filter screen in front of the chaeto and where the water comes outta the filter so chaeto doesn’t flood into your tank.

100% sure it’ll grow if you do all that. High nutrients or not . Cut like 20% of it every time it grows out

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back