Easy hack for placing coral frags

reefy beefy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Medicine Hat Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have discovered an easy hack to glue coral frags to your aquascape. Just go to Home Depot or any other home improvement store and get a bag of lava rocks that you would use for a bbq. Instant rubble rock. I have been using this for over a year with absolutely no issues.Works best with coralife rocks as they are the same color. Anyways, glue the lava rock, small piece, to the aquascape, then the coral frag to the lava rock. Awayways looks natural!
 
Lava Rock? I always figured it could potentially leach something into the tank.

Anyone else tried this? It's an AWESOME idea as I buy "Rock Rubble" from CaribSa Life Rock and this would be an excellent and locally available option.
 
Upvote 0
I just used a big piece of lava tock drilled a 3/8 hole into it wet of course, stuck the plug in no glue cuz she was a tight fit, my zoa looks happy
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new