OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish love it, but I find that it comes off the glass after the first bite.

I haven’t had that issue . I mix mine a little thick I guess and really smash it to the glass.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff. I mix it with LRS foods, selcon, and some other powdered foods until I reach the right consistency. All of my fish love the stuff. Significantly less waste as compared to dumping frozen directly into the tank.

That what I thought too. Seems to keep the food together very well so not as much goes to waste.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t had that issue . I mix mine a little thick I guess and really smash it to the glass.
Maybe big fish [emoji5]
If you have it mixed right, and normal fish size, it sticks on the glass for me for hours. Depending how hungry the fish are.

I mixed mine with some Spirulina Brine and Masago, maybe it was too wet, I don't know. In one tank, a clown took a bite and it came off the glass; in my other tank, a cardinal took a bite and it came off the glass.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mixed mine with some Spirulina Brine and Masago, maybe it was too wet, I don't know. In one tank, a clown took a bite and it came off the glass; in my other tank, a cardinal took a bite and it came off the glass.

I agree it was probably to wet. Mine is very sticky when mixed ... almost like a ball of dough but a little bit drier.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it was probably to wet. Mine is very sticky when mixed ... almost like a ball of dough but a little bit drier.

Well, mine was certainly sticky. Couldn't get it off my fingers after I made it all into balls. Had to wash my hands in the tank to get it off. The fish were in heaven :)

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Moorish Idol goes nuts for it. The poor guy hardly ever gets any though. When I put it in he gets territorial over it and chases everybody away. And when he chases a group to one side of the tank, fish from the other side swoop in. I usually mix mine with selcon or vitachem and put it on a rock.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vid with all the fox faces is awesome. I’ve used mastick before as well. Fish love it.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Moorish Idol goes nuts for it. The poor guy hardly ever gets any though. When I put it in he gets territorial over it and chases everybody away. And when he chases a group to one side of the tank, fish from the other side swoop in. I usually mix mine with selcon or vitachem and put it on a rock.
Have you tried putting it in two spots...one on either end. It will become your Moorish Idol treadmill lol

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 82 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back