Easyreef's Masstick really works??

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do all mandarins, seahorses, etc eat masstick? Would like to know as im planning to convert my current reef to a mandarin only tank, maybe seahorses too.
as im going to transfer the fishes to my new 130g.
The current tank is a 42g cube+sump.

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Those fish are very picky eaters and would only POSSIBLY eat prepared foods after being trained. Obviously seahorses are easier to train, especially if they are captive bred, but don't ever expect a picky eater just to accept masstick out of no where.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Those fish are very picky eaters and would only POSSIBLY eat prepared foods after being trained. Obviously seahorses are easier to train, especially if they are captive bred, but don't ever expect a picky eater just to accept masstick out of no where.
We dont get captive bred seahorses and mandarins here in india.

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest going with the goal to train the mandarins to eat frozen foods and just avoid the mastic all together. The seahorses are probably also not going to eat it as training wild seahorses to eat anything frozen can be very difficult.

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen videos in the UK of mandarins eating reef stick, it was placed on the glass just above the sand bed. you can add foods into the paste, not sure if frozen mysis was defrosted and put inside the paste. It was a video by advance aquarium consultancy on ultimatereef

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back