Eating zoas?

Jamesnorwood860

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2019
Messages
56
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently seen my clowns either eating zoas or just biting the polyps not sure which.. any reason they may do this? I feed a varied diet normally daily sometimes I miss a day here and there. Just confused by this behavior.
 
They could be going after some other food source that is on the zoa. Like a copepod, algae, nudi... Just food for thought (pun intended). It shouldn't be too hard to see and follow if they are actually eating them or just nipping. I've never experienced this with any clowns I've had.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new