EB832 3 outlets not working. Please Help!!!

Siddogg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, hoping I can get some quick help. All of a sudden I noticed my lights went out. Upon further inspection, I noticed outlets 1,2 and 4 lights are off and not supplying power. I’ve updated firmware. I’ve unplugged everything and plugged in after waiting several minutes. Still not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Mark all plugs with names of components and outlet number
Unplug all the plugs
In the back of the unit hit the yellow button and unplug EB832
Press yellow button again and plug components back in and see if they’re working

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the status indicated on the EB832's Neptune logo? Is it a solid orange light, or is it blinking slow or blinking fast?

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 8.47.02 PM.png

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be this?

Read this:

And this post specifically to help diagnose:

I just fixed a very similar issue for a fellow reefer. The PSU is failing and is unable to provide enough power to switch all relays inside.

The one thing that throws me off in your case is that the small LED indicators on the EB832 also stay off.

OP
OP
Siddogg

Siddogg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the power switch on at the Neptune’s fusion fusion for those slots? If it’s switched off that could be it.
All on. They had equipment plugged into them. Which is what caused me to notice.

OP
OP
Siddogg

Siddogg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be this?

Read this:

And this post specifically to help diagnose:

I just fixed a very similar issue for a fellow reefer. The PSU is failing and is unable to provide enough power to switch all relays inside.

The one thing that throws me off in your case is that the small LED indicators on the EB832 also stay off.
Thanks. Great information. I do feel it could be something like this. I was able to get it functioning correctly. Or so I thought. Unplugged everything. Reset, powered back up several times. Finally worked. However, this morning it kicked the GFCI breaker connected to it. Reset it and is working again. But, there’s gotta be a short or failure of some sort.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, if after resets you see odd outlets not working randomly, it's likely a hardware issue. I'd eliminate the software connectivity first. Look in the list of modules, make sure there are no problems on any of the EB832s. Make sure you are not overloading it. Make sure you can still switch other working outlets on and off in fusion. But if you do see that red light pulsing inside the EB832 between outlets 4 and 8 (or don't see the red light at all), it's a hardware problem for sure. If it is, feel free to reach out, I may be able to help.

OP
OP
Siddogg

Siddogg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, if after resets you see odd outlets not working randomly, it's likely a hardware issue. I'd eliminate the software connectivity first. Look in the list of modules, make sure there are no problems on any of the EB832s. Make sure you are not overloading it. Make sure you can still switch other working outlets on and off in fusion. But if you do see that red light pulsing inside the EB832 between outlets 4 and 8 (or don't see the red light at all), it's a hardware problem for sure. If it is, feel free to reach out, I may be able to help.
Awesome! Thanks for your help. I’ll check modules. I have a 2nd EB I can switch some to if it’s overloading. Thx again!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%

Back