Ebay Chloroquine Phosphate sellers, despicable

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's not make this a political discussion, that's not why I'm posting this. Just wanted make everyone aware not to buy this product on ebay in the future

These Ebay jerks were trying to sell the non pure CP for hundreds of dollars even up to yesterday. Today all but one seller was taken down. The one remaining seller had a price of $236 yesterday but his price is $40 dollars today. I took screenshots of what he did and will report it to Ebay when they get back to work.

These people priced at five fold or more of normal price and purposely try to entice people to think they could use it for the virus and cash in, its thoroughly disgusting. They should go to jail

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very important to know chloroquine phosphate can be LETHAL if taken at the wrong dosage. That is why it is a prescription medication. It can cause a cardiac arrhythmia. These online sellers do not necessarily have a pure form, the contaminants can also be a threat to your health. Buying medications for personal use from these individuals is like buying it from a drug dealer on the street corner. You have no guarantee on what you are buying.

OP
OP
J

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a new scumbag that just popped up. $800 for 20G

U

User1

View Badges
Mods - this should probably be in the Lounge sub forum. Not general.

To the OP. Unfortunately these threads are political and heated but I'm sure you know laws are in effect to prevent this. Price gouging greater than 10% is most cases is against the law once a declared emergency. Doesn't matter where it is sold. Just yesterday I spoke to Amazon regarding a 200% markup on an item.

OP
OP
J

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mods - this should probably be in the Lounge sub forum. Not general.

To the OP. Unfortunately these threads are political and heated but I'm sure you know laws are in effect to prevent this. Price gouging greater than 10% is most cases is against the law once a declared emergency. Doesn't matter where it is sold. Just yesterday I spoke to Amazon regarding a 200% markup on an item.

I've got screenshots of this and other vendors. I'm going to report it to ebay once they get back to work. I may call my state AG

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way to oppose individuals like this is with your wallet. It is a free market and anyone can charge anything. I disagree with what they are doing so I will not give them any business. If there are people paying these inflated prices then it probably is not to treat fish, which is terrifying.

OP
OP
J

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way to oppose individuals like this is with your wallet. It is a free market and anyone can charge anything. I disagree with what they are doing so I will not give them any business. If there are people paying these inflated prices then it probably is not to treat fish, which is terrifying.

Its more about people buying this and ingesting it because it says CP on it as happened in Arizona

harper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope it does not result in people who have legitimate need for treating their pets with cp being restricted from obtaining it. I remember when states started restricting access to needles due to drug use in the 90s...made it a lot harder to do acrylic work and shoot up aptasia.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its more about people buying this and ingesting it because it says CP on it as happened in Arizona

That is what I was alluding to. I never understand why people try to do these reckless things and expect a good outcome. I had a patient that had a penicillin allergy. He had an abscess so rather than calling us he decided to take his girlfriend's penicillin. He wasn't aware amoxicillin and penicillin are the same family. By the time I saw him his face looked like a grape fruit and he needed to be hospitalized. If someone is trying to acquire prescription medication for self consumption through questionable means then the possibility of something terrible happening is very real.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what happens when you have a careless, uneducated know it all in charge. If people listened to actual facts from physicians this wouldn’t even be a thing.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what happens when you have a careless, uneducated know it all in charge. If people listened to actual facts from physicians this wouldn’t even be a thing.

I for one am not a Trump supporter, but I disagree with you on this. There were in vitro trials that showed positive results, and he provided information. He did not give all the information, but provided some. An individual with no knowledge of this medication decided to play mad scientist with his health and his girlfriend's health. It led to his death and his girlfriend being hospitalized. I feel keeping everyone as well informed as possible is a good thing and find it dangerous to limit knowledge because someone may do something terrible to themselves.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A crisis brings out the best in some, the worst in others. Really is idiotic to self medicate with something you would buy off ebay …..

PotomacReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for one am not a Trump supporter, but I disagree with you on this. There were in vitro trials that showed positive results, and he provided information. He did not give all the information, but provided some. An individual with no knowledge of this medication decided to play mad scientist with his health and his girlfriend's health. It led to his death and his girlfriend being hospitalized. I feel keeping everyone as well informed as possible is a good thing and find it dangerous to limit knowledge because someone may do something terrible to themselves.

I agree with only part of your sentiment.

It's not simply benign to even mention the possibility of a specific substance being helpful in this situation. Anyone in charge of public health should be very well aware of exactly the right and wrong ways to speak to avoid people from panic buying, hoarding chemicals, overdosing on chemicals, etc. The only appropriate thing to say regarding this situation is simply "there are promising new therapeutic treatments being researched right now."

You can't blame anyone else for the actions of one person in Arizona, but public officials have a duty to inform the public with the right information and they also have a duty to inform the public in the right way.

If you create a situation where people are panic buying a drug, then the probability of something happening (dead person in AZ for example) is simply increased. The availability of that drug is also challenged which can present a problem for those that really need. See the current shortage of PPE equipment in health care as a prime example of this.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To start, yes people trying to sell this at grossly inflated prices are ridiculous, even more so as we know they are intending people to take It and we have no idea what the actual purity is. I also don't like that I can't get CP for fish treatment right now because of all this. But to put some misinformation to rest...Chloroquine phosphate isn't just for fish it is used in humans to treat malaria among other things. At a dose somewhere around 200mg from what I've read. The man in AZ ingested an insane amount. Just dumped it into "a liquid" I'm guessing water, and took it. Around 2 grams worth. Of course it killed him. This isn't a political post and it shouldn't be, it's his fault for taking it and for taking so much and for giving it to his wife as well. No one made him take it. But yes, these people are not doing a good thing and are also breaking the law in many cases.

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CP was said to show results against the virus WAY before Trump said anything about it. The price already increased WAY before trump said anything about it. SO.... He is not to blame for the info being out or the price increase. BUT do as you wish and think what you wish. This post about CP and the virus have been posted on here probably 10 times going back weeks.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CP was said to show results against the virus WAY before Trump said anything about it.

That's true … with emphasis on 'said to show' … not proven.

The price already increased WAY before trump said anything about it.

Also true. However the couple in Arizona apparently did what they did after Trump (in typical fashion) exaggerated and hyperbolized CP as a 'game changer' and 'not going to kill anybody'. Ooops.

Agree we are all free to think as we wish …..

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back