Eclipse L over flow box leaking

NrsReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Location
United states
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, I am dealing with another leak in the overflow box I sealed up the leak between joints but discovered a leak coming from the weir bulkhead. I have read a few threads about how to set the box up correctly and had it set up that was but it’s still leaking (weir, gasket , glass , gasket , outer box). I got some marine weld to maybe fix any chipped glass that might have been there from drilling but there is nothing that looks too concerning to me just some small chips around the edge. Nuts were on there hand tight plus 1/4 turn with some channel locks. Any ideas?
 
Applying silicone grease (not sealant) to the gaskets will help sealing off minor imperfections in the glass and the box.
 
Applying silicone grease (not sealant) to the gaskets will help sealing off minor imperfections in the glass and the box.
tried this and it worked no more leaks (for now) thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new