Eco Tech Marine Power Head

  • Thread starter Thread starter vic5hands
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2013
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
2,062
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you reinstall the wet side of the power head after cleaning. Do you put the pump to feed mode? Reason asking I have heavy vibrations. I set the head 5 minutes later it is making noise. Reset again and the same happens. The power heads are two years old. Thanks
 
My guess is that you didn't re-assemble the wet side correctly....the little white ceramic piece and a plastic washer like piece that fit together.....and needs to be seated into its slots correctly. But that is just a guess.....because I did it wrong once with these pieces and got vibration.
 
How do you reinstall the wet side of the power head after cleaning. Do you put the pump to feed mode? Reason asking I have heavy vibrations. I set the head 5 minutes later it is making noise. Reset again and the same happens. The power heads are two years old. Thanks

First, hopefully you shut the pump off completely before removing the wetside? Secondly, you definitely do not want to have the power on when trying to re-install the wetside. All maintenance should be done with the power off. If you did everything with the power OFF then see my questions below. If not, try installing it with complete power OFF.

How far did you break down the wetside? Did you only take the prop housing and backside off, or did you completely disassemble it down the prop and washers (that @redfishbluefish was speaking of)?
 
Wanted to thank you. Took the power head apart. I lost the washer between the magnet and base assembly. Replaced washer works great. Thanks again
 
Wanted to thank you. Took the power head apart. I lost the washer between the magnet and base assembly. Replaced washer works great. Thanks again

Good deal! Glad you got it figured out![emoji4]

If you have any other EcoTech specific questions in the future, don't forget about the EcoTech Sponsor Forum. There's a lot of EcoTech savvy people watching them, including myself.

Thanks @redfishbluefish for your input and @mfinn for tagging me. [emoji106]

Love this forum community @REEF2REEF!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new