Ecotech 2nd Hand Issues

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have purchased 2X XR30W G3pro, reeflink and hanging kit from @broach last week. I have not really tried to set them up yet as my tank is still in the process of getting plumbed.
Today, after organizing all the wiring I tried the download and connect the unit to my network. Turns out I am getting a message saying that the unit is already in use with another account and it won't let me connect it to my network nor do a factory reset.

I haven't even registered or attempted to connect the lights yet but it looks like it will end up going through the same process as well.

Tried messaging @broach since last week but not getting any response. Has anyone purchased a second hand ecotech product and had these issues?

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've never purchased second hand Ecotech lights, but I have sold them before and never had anyone contact me with the issue you're talking about. Have you contacted Ecotech yet? It's not illegal to sell or buy the light used so I'm sure they would definitely be able to help you either with the registration or direct you on how to reset it.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A call the echo tech tech support in the morning will fix your issue. Make sure you have the serial numbers when the ask.

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I've mentioned, I've only attempted to connect the unit today and being Sunday, I couldn't get in touch with Ecotech. This is my first time using an ecotech product .

I was starting to get concern about that ESL thing because I read somewhere in the internet that the unit had to be reconnected to the original source in order to be reset, kinda didn't make sense. @broach I will contact them in the morning to see if I can have it removed by providing them with the serial number, I will let you know it goes and also, I was talking about contacting you last Thursday in regards to the sales and not the issue with reeflink. Sorry if that was confusing

broach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I've mentioned, I've only attempted to connect the unit today and being Sunday, I couldn't get in touch with Ecotech. This is my first time using an ecotech product .

I was starting to get concern about that ESL thing because I read somewhere in the internet that the unit had to be reconnected to the original source in order to be reset, kinda didn't make sense. @broach I will contact them in the morning to see if I can have it removed by providing them with the serial number, I will let you know it goes and also, I was talking about contacting you last Thursday in regards to the sales and not the issue with reeflink. Sorry if that was confusing
No worries. If you need anything else let me know. I'm on vacation with little time at the phone. Be back in town tomorrow evening.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%

Back