EcoTech Battery Backups!

  • Thread starter Thread starter shanedag
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shanedag

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2020
Messages
190
Reaction score
260
Location
Elmira
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a new electric panel upgrade installed today with transfer switch to generator to support my tank. Without power for 6 hours now and the EcoTech battery backups are still going strong with my Vectra M2 and two MP40s. Have to say, I didn’t expect them to last this long. Really impressed!
 
Nothing like a piece of mind at the time it will be needed
 
While I am sure there are DIY'ers that will demur, I agree that the BB is a really good addition to a tank. I'm using a pair daisy-chained together. They're 3-4 years old but still show a full charge when I test them.
 
While I am sure there are DIY'ers that will demur, I agree that the BB is a really good addition to a tank. I'm using a pair daisy-chained together. They're 3-4 years old but still show a full charge when I test them.

Not sure if you did this for your test, but best practice is to unplug power supply from the powerhead, unplug the battery charger, and see if the voltage stays steady after 1-2 minutes of draw.

Otherwise you may be measuring the voltage of the battery *charger*. I suspect that is the case if you are getting full capacity after 3-4 years.
 
Hmmn, that's a good point. I always used to unplug both, but may not have done it the last few times. On the list ....
 
Hmmn, that's a good point. I always used to unplug both, but may not have done it the last few times. On the list ....
You may want to check them. Mine are 2 years and I need to check them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new