Ecotech M1 won’t stay on

OceanL0ver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have any ideas for troubleshooting a echotech m1 return pump. It tries to start and then it stops and try to start and then it stops and so on and so forth

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have any ideas for troubleshooting a echotech m1 return pump. It tries to start and then it stops and try to start and then it stops and so on and so forth
Check that the impeller isn't stick. Is it flashing any colors when it stops?

OP
OP
OceanL0ver

OceanL0ver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took it apart and cleaned the internals and everything looks normal the controller will turn red and then turn off and back on

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took it apart and cleaned the internals and everything looks normal the controller will turn red and then turn off and back on
Just red or is it red/white or red/green this will help me troubleshoot what error it's giving you

OP
OP
OceanL0ver

OceanL0ver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to leave the house for a bit I’ll look in a minute when I get home thank you

OP
OP
OceanL0ver

OceanL0ver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The strange part is it will run on battery back up at a slower speed on but will not run at full speed when the battery back up is off

OP
OP
OceanL0ver

OceanL0ver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s working now so I don’t know what was going on but I’ll keep my fingers crossed

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s working now so I don’t know what was going on but I’ll keep my fingers crossed
Sounds good! If it does it again watch what colors it flashed when it shuts down, that'll tell us what the problem is.

OP
OP
OceanL0ver

OceanL0ver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good! If it does it again watch what colors it flashed when it shuts down, that'll tell us what the problem is.

It’s doing it again. Blinking green, white, red. Pump is clean and free of obstruction. Is there a way to reset the driver?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s doing it again. Blinking green, white, red. Pump is clean and free of obstruction. Is there a way to reset the driver?
If its blinking Red/Green that means Pump Stall
And then if its blinking Red/White it means Pump Disconnect

You can try a hard reset. But at this point there's most likley something wrong with either the controller or pump that needs to be replaced.

To hard reset
Hold Mode and Set simultaneously until the controller starts blinking red white and blue
hold Mode until it starts blinking Red and Purple
hold Mode and Option until the controller resets and cycles power.
Hope that helps!

OP
OP
OceanL0ver

OceanL0ver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had the best customer service experience with eco-tech. My Vectra m1 was still under warranty. With little to no hassle at all they quickly send me a replacement pump. I will definitely be buying from them in the future.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had the best customer service experience with eco-tech. My Vectra m1 was still under warranty. With little to no hassle at all they quickly send me a replacement pump. I will definitely be buying from them in the future.
Awesome!! Ever figure out what went bad with the old one?

OP
OP
OceanL0ver

OceanL0ver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent a video and I have the flashing pattern of the driver. After they saw that they just said they were going to replace it. Never gave me any feedback on what the problem was. It has to be some kind of controller problem. I did regular maintenance on the pump and it was clean and free of obstruction. Even after resetting it wouldn’t even try to start up. At this point I’m not even curious just as long as I have good customer service

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent a video and I have the flashing pattern of the driver. After they saw that they just said they were going to replace it. Never gave me any feedback on what the problem was. It has to be some kind of controller problem. I did regular maintenance on the pump and it was clean and free of obstruction. Even after resetting it wouldn’t even try to start up. At this point I’m not even curious just as long as I have good customer service
Sweet deal!

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These M1s are the BIGGEST piece of crap pumps. This is my 3rd M1 and it’s already out after 4 weeks!! I’m hesitant on even having ecotech replace it. Why would I want it replaced when it’s going to go out again

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These M1s are the BIGGEST piece of crap pumps. This is my 3rd M1 and it’s already out after 4 weeks!! I’m hesitant on even having ecotech replace it. Why would I want it replaced when it’s going to go out again

Same here, went out after a year and replaced with a Cor 20, will have to see if it’s any better..

ccejka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started having the same issue with my L1 it looks like to me it is flashing red, purple, white.

Then it tries to start back up. Runs slow then builds up and when it reaches full speed it cuts out.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back