Ecotech Marine Versa Dosing Pump will start at $150

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Versa dosing pump that has been in development for a while now and will finally receive a price of $150 – that’s according to unofficial channels within the industry. The new high-performance dosing pump is in pre-production at Ecotech’s headquarters with the final stages being put together. Our managing editor, Jake Adams was recently […]
Source

Continue reading...

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that including the power base? Or is that for the individual heads? Pricing on the multi head base unit?

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure hope its continuous duty . Our hobby needs a lot of continuous duty long running peristaltic pumps rather than just a dosing pump !

The video Jake Adams did with them made it seem like they really were purpose made for one reason and went on and on about not using standard off the shelf parts that break etc.

Well see but I do have high hopes? Idk am I out of touch with something here?

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video Jake Adams did with them made it seem like they really were purpose made for one reason and went on and on about not using standard off the shelf parts that break etc.

Well see but I do have high hopes? Idk am I out of touch with something here?

And thats why I hope its continuous heavy duty since its all made from scratch including proprietary design of stepper motor

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that including the power base? Or is that for the individual heads? Pricing on the multi head base unit?
The video said that they were going to have quad pak that will have it's own pop in base unit with a larger power supply to accommodate all 4 units. Given that the individuals will be $150/ea. I would imagine that the quad pack would be between $625-$675.

I've been playing with a versa for a few weeks now and all the little kinks have been worked out. I'm chomping at the bit to get a couple more.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it will be continuous use, up to 200ml per minute.

Thank you so much for the reply. Did you have a chance to run it in continuous mode ? Wondering how long before we have to replace the tubing if running in continuous mode 24x7 ? Also how bad is the noise ?

Lastly, am guessing we would need Mobius to control it . Any chance the flow rate can be controlled without mobius ?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the reply. Did you have a chance to run it in continuous mode ? Wondering how long before we have to replace the tubing if running in continuous mode 24x7 ? Also how bad is the noise ?

Lastly, am guessing we would need Mobius to control it . Any chance the flow rate can be controlled without mobius ?
You're welcome,

yes, I ran it continuous at 375ml/min (before they changed the software). The tube that is used is different than the thick pharmed tube like the kamoer fx-stp pump. The tube that is on the Versa will resist tube deformation better and last longer than the pharmed stuff. As far as replacement, unofficially the answer was never, but I'm sure they will put a 1-2 year replacement for continuous use.

The noise is virtually silent, the only thing I hear when running at 200ml/min is the sound from the tube being pinched, and that's very minor.

The Versa has to be controlled through Mobius, but rest assured that there isn't any extra cost incurred. Mobius will make its debut (in a limited fashion, just to control the Versa) at the same time Versa rolls out and will be free. It's a vary user friendly interface, there's not much of a learning curve to get started.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that online retailers are starting to populate their forums with info and pricing on the versa. I understand they shipped out today to the retail stores and we should start seeing them for sale in the next day or 2....

Woot woot !!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back