Ecotech Marine Versa Dosing Pump will start at $150

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it work with Apex? Is it smaller than Neptune DOS?
The only way you can make it work with apex is by plugging the power supply into the EB832. There are no buttons on the Versa the only way to control it is through the ecotech Mobius app.

This video might help understand a bit better.

BW1199

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will mobius have simple to program items like auto water changes similar to a dos/apex but hopefully not as loud? How far / ft of head can it pump?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will mobius have simple to program items like auto water changes similar to a dos/apex but hopefully not as loud? How far / ft of head can it pump?
I remember hearing/reading somewhere that the Mobius will be capable of doing ATO and AWC, but for the life of me I can't find that information.

I can't find head pressure info either, I do recall (again from memory) that the working pressure was measured at ~25 psi, and I don't know how that equates to head pressure. Versa is considered a positive displacement pump so head loss is more proportionate to motor torque as opposed to the traditional centrifugal type return pumps we're all more familiar with in the hobby.

What sort of heights are you needing the pump to push fluid?

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminds/strikes me as a kamoer x1 on steroids. Better construction and the capabilities of a peristaltic pump. Then they have brought in a bit of the AI side of tech by incorporating an app that if anything like the AI app or Kamoer app will make this pump my go to for my in progress build. With a lot of the qualities I like from the kamoer but with ecotechs standard of production the price sounds amazing for what the product is.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way you can make it work with apex is by plugging the power supply into the EB832. There are no buttons on the Versa the only way to control it is through the ecotech Mobius app.

This video might help understand a bit better.

@Sisterlimonpot - such an amazing job on the review man !!!! Your video will be my go to to program the versa

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do we need a Reeflink to connect to these? or are they standalone units with wifi built in?

edit* sorry cant watch video now for answer, im at work :D

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sisterlimonpot - such an amazing job on the review man !!!! Your video will be my go to to program the versa
I don't think you'll need it. I was given the pump and the Mobius app with zero instructions, and I was up and running in minutes. Of course some of the finer details were learned on the fly.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice, do you know if Mobius will be useable with Vortechs and Radions too in the future? without Reeflink ofc

it does according to the article

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember hearing/reading somewhere that the Mobius will be capable of doing ATO and AWC, but for the life of me I can't find that information.

I can't find head pressure info either, I do recall (again from memory) that the working pressure was measured at ~25 psi, and I don't know how that equates to head pressure. Versa is considered a positive displacement pump so head loss is more proportionate to motor torque as opposed to the traditional centrifugal type return pumps we're all more familiar with in the hobby.

What sort of heights are you needing the pump to push fluid?
I need one to push roughly 15ft up, think this can handle it?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it work with Apex? Is it smaller than Neptune DOS?
This should lend some perspective

UwfySEGl.jpg

k7IM9XEl.jpg

Just measured the width of both units, you can fit 3 Versa's side by side and fit it into the DOS footprint.

Last edited:

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm it looks like versa is the winner in term of space saving! The issue is when they will be available in Canada....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back