Ecotech Marine Versa Dosing Pump will start at $150

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim, if the home feature back feeds to zero. When the next dos starts does it compensate for what it reversed for accuracy?
Yes... if it has to rotate 90° counter clock wise to park, next time it begins a dose, it will advance 90° before it counts the next dose.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been months since the announcement of this pumps, and they keep saying coming soon, but few reviews that appeared online seem to have issues, can anyone tell us how they been working and when are going to reappear?

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been months since the announcement of this pumps, and they keep saying coming soon, but few reviews that appeared online seem to have issues, can anyone tell us how they been working and when are going to reappear?
I have the four pumps and the base station and had an issue with the leaking from the beginning. They also send out the replacement parts, 3 of 4 fixed the issue and the last one didn’t, which ETM didn’t mind sending me another replacement

Honestly at the end of the day I think it’s just ok. I can’t stand the planetary gear noise. It wouldnt be an issue for some people but I can’t stand it.

Some occasional issue when it comes to Bluetooth connection where it would say can’t connect to tank but otherwise functional. I did discover a bug for them tho, at which they were themselves surprised to find out.

for the money and the name branding/reputation, I think it’s decent but not mind blowing

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the planetary gear noise, a lot of people said that those ones were silent, so they are not apparently?

Another question, do you have or have you tried other dosing pumps beside the versas?

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so noise or level of noise is relative and very subjective. but here's my scenario:

i have high ceiling and typically my effluent rate is 40mL per minute.

i can hear the gears running/humming from my 2nd floor if cabinet doors are open and my guest room door is open.

to overcome this issue, i used 2 of the versa pumps, 20mL each to reduce the noise. if i pay extra attention, i can certainly still hear them grinding away, not to mention that it's a waste of a versa.

i have own jebao dosing pump for dosing, DOS for dosing, Kamoer stp peristaltic for calcium reactor.

By far, the quietest pump i have ever owned during operation is the kamoer (non-wifi). it was dead silent. wifi version of the kamoer was not available at the time.

i originally purchased the Versa because i wanted to consolidate my equipment (DOS, jebao, Kamoer) but now i know i will not be first adopter during the next wave of new gears.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have theirs making a grinding sound. I had mine feeding my calcium reactor at 80mls a minute and its pretty loud. Contacted ecotech and they said give it 2 to 3 weeks to break in. So I guess I'll give it a couple weeks and see what happens.

Big Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have theirs making a grinding sound. I had mine feeding my calcium reactor at 80mls a minute and its pretty loud. Contacted ecotech and they said give it 2 to 3 weeks to break in. So I guess I'll give it a couple weeks and see what happens.
Mine only did that briefly after i replaced the tubes that were supplied under warranty because it would not prime itself. Its been working great ever since. Noise level is directly dependent on how quickly the pump head is turning. I aerate my ro water then use this pump to run the water through di resin. So i have mine at all different rates.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped using it for my calcium reactor and now using it to drip kalkwasser to help with my ph. At lower speeds it makes no noise. Other then the noise I like the pump.

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my friend's versa was making the grinding noise before. he send it in for a replacement.

mine never made that noise but it's humming....

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you are into the ETM family (radion, vectra, etc), sure, why not.

but if you don't own their family of product, i would look into something else.

plus, i was in a unique situation where i wanted to consolidate my DOS and Kamoer into one piece of equipment due to space constraint.

if i had to do everything over again, i would still be driving my calrx with kamoer (non-wifi or wifi). GHL for dosing.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you buy it again, or if you needed another doser, would you get something else instead?
I have made the decision to replace all my peristaltic dosing pumps with versa's. I currently have a total of 6. 2 for AWC, 1 for CaRx, 1 for carbon dosing, 1 for transferring RODI water from my storage container to the RODI reservior, finally, once ETM comes out a ATO option with a water level sensor, I will have a Versa do that as well.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so noise or level of noise is relative and very subjective. but here's my scenario:

i have high ceiling and typically my effluent rate is 40mL per minute.

i can hear the gears running/humming from my 2nd floor if cabinet doors are open and my guest room door is open.

to overcome this issue, i used 2 of the versa pumps, 20mL each to reduce the noise. if i pay extra attention, i can certainly still hear them grinding away, not to mention that it's a waste of a versa.

i have own jebao dosing pump for dosing, DOS for dosing, Kamoer stp peristaltic for calcium reactor.

By far, the quietest pump i have ever owned during operation is the kamoer (non-wifi). it was dead silent. wifi version of the kamoer was not available at the time.

i originally purchased the Versa because i wanted to consolidate my equipment (DOS, jebao, Kamoer) but now i know i will not be first adopter during the next wave of new gears.

So to you the kamoer stp is way better contructed or is just silenter than the Versa, can you explain me how do you see both in comparison side by side?

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kamoer fx-stp is not a dosing pump. It's a continuous pump used solely for CaRx. The only option is to set the speed from 1-120 ml/min.

I know, since both can be used as continuous pumps do you think the versa will work fine as continuous pump or do you think is more likely to work as dosing pump rather than as continuous pump?

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had both pumps and I think the kamoer is a better continuous duty pump then the versa. But the versa is a more versatile pump. I put the versa back on my calcium reactor last night the grinding noise is gone but the motor noise at 65 mls is really loud. My kamoer was alot quieter I regret selling it probably going to buy another kamoer for the calcium reactor and use the versa for something else.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, since both can be used as continuous pumps do you think the versa will work fine as continuous pump or do you think is more likely to work as dosing pump rather than as continuous pump?
Versa is good at doing both. I have both pumps, and removed the kamoer fx-stp and replaced with a versa. The 2 versas that use for auto water change are set as continuous use as well.

I have a lot of other peristaltic pumps that are sold for the hobby, and prefer the versa over any other out there.

I've always had an interest in parastaltic pumps, I have a DIY thread that documents some that I made:

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Versa is good at doing both. I have both pumps, and removed the kamoer fx-stp and replaced with a versa. The 2 versas that use for auto water change are set as continuous use as well.

I have a lot of other peristaltic pumps that are sold for the hobby, and prefer the versa over any other out there.

I've always had an interest in parastaltic pumps, I have a DIY thread that documents some that I made:

I've read your DIY peristalstic pump thread, so you know about how they work and about their built quality, so according to you which one seems to be more sturdy, more long lasting of the two?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back