Ecotech Marine Vortech Accessories

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anemone or fish protection guards check out wavemaker protection guards on facebook. They are well made and have a front guard as well that protects fish and other creatures. I've lost one fish to an MP40 before adding these. I've also watched my eel swim nose first into my MP40 on several occasions but luckily have these guards with front protection on my MP40s now. He would have been several wounded at minimum without these.

Really wish Ecotech would provide guards as an optional accessory directly so more people could prevent mishaps...

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that anemone guard! Is anyone using them that would share their experience?

Reafer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anemone or fish protection guards check out wavemaker protection guards on facebook. They are well made and have a front guard as well that protects fish and other creatures. I've lost one fish to an MP40 before adding these. I've also watched my eel swim nose first into my MP40 on several occasions but luckily have these guards with front protection on my MP40s now. He would have been several wounded at minimum without these.

Really wish Ecotech would provide guards as an optional accessory directly so more people could prevent mishaps...

You must have suicidal fish if they are swimming directly into the front of your Vortechs. The water blasting out of mine usually prevents these types of incidents.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I messaged the wavemaker protection guards but he said they are the ones BRS sells. Like $40 each? Is that what you were talking about? @CMO

Awesome that BRS carries them now! Those are the ones!

Last edited:

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must have suicidal fish if they are swimming directly into the front of your Vortechs. The water blasting out of mine usually prevents these types of incidents.

Only the eel has swam into it while on. But yes fish like blennies that will sit on the sides while on can get sucked in. Also we all turn off pumps from time to time for maintenance and some fish are pretty sneaky and will try and get in there during the few seconds between checking all clear and power up.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back