Ecotech Radion G6?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I ordered 2 g6 xr15 pros for my 60x24x24 tank. Not keeping sps so I’m pretty sure I’ll have plenty of light. I’ll try and post my par data once I map it out.
oof and here I am thinking 2 xr15 is pushing it on a 48x24x16

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone who buys 2 online retailers and three LED (and various other product) manufacturers in just a year has greater plans.

Ryan always has been goal driven. I've said this a few times elsewhere and each time the general reply is no. IPO is the end goal here.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What don't you like about the blues?
The color to my eyes. I have 2 frag tanks 1 with 2 pros and 1 with 2 blues. I also have 2 g4 pros over a 3rd tank. The color of the pro to me seems more natural pleasing to me. When I bought the blues I thought it was gonna be blue but it’s not

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan always has been goal driven. I've said this a few times elsewhere and each time the general reply is no. IPO is the end goal here.
Ryan of BRS? They sold out to Bertram Capital last year.
If you mean Kessil, they're likely to become a niche seller at some point. Their popularity has been more of a spotlight producer of reef lights. It seems a wider panel approach is the current fad.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan of BRS? They sold out to Bertram Capital last year.
If you mean Kessil, they're likely to become a niche seller at some point. Their popularity has been more of a spotlight producer of reef lights. It seems a wider panel approach is the current fad.

BRS. I thought I read that his partner sold out but Ryan is still in play.

Edit: I should say that I do not know and it is just an opinion. Needed some VC backing to go further.

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Napoliandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m gonna jump in here and I’d like peoples opinions. I also feel like making a few of you laugh. I recently got caught up in the sale of the radions, although I had 2 hydra 26’s with no issues. The sale hit me, even though I said to my friend, I bet they come out with a new light and he said no. That won’t happen!!! Well, what a surprise. They did come out with a new one. In the interim I found hydra 32’s on sale on this website for only 200 each and only 7mths old. Sold my old ones for the same and it was a win, win for me.
But, now here’s the kicker. I still got caught up in the hype and purchased two xr15 pros gen 5’s along with another deal of snatching two reef brite xho for 140 with the dimmers. Still caught up in the hype, I wanted to go further and get the 6’s, but the company I bought them from said that they don’t take back open box radions and I quote, “just the radions”. First they said it was the ecotech. Then they admitted because the new gen came out, only to see open box radions for sale on there site two days later.
The story gets funny when you think about it, but I should’ve been enraged, I’m not. I just feel like they took advantage cause one they thought I was either stupid, or maybe they figured because I was a woman, I don’t know. The last excuse was that no company is taking them back, which I know for sure is not true.
Anyway, here I am with 2 radion gen 5 pros, which I really like and new hydra 32’s, and 2 Reefbrites with dimmers all for the wonderful price of $950.
Should I complain, probably not, but with this hobby it is so addicting, and I still am finding myself trying to think of a way to upgrade. So, my question is, what is it with us reefers that we just can’t let it go and we have to have whatever it is that just came out. I don’t know, but I really have to stop. I have a new build that I’ve always wanted and that should be enough, but my fellow reefers it’s never enough. It’s never never enough. Haha.
I hope I made you guys laugh and I know that quite a few of you will identify with me. In the meantime, When I figure out how to get the 6’s I’ll let you know. Oh, and my last question? How many of you feel I got taken for on those lights? They were not even two weeks that I bought them.

Last edited:

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"they thought I was either stupid, or maybe they figured because I was a women"
Yes, I laughed.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m gonna jump in here and I’d like peoples opinions. I also feel like making a few of you laugh. I recently got caught up in the sale of the radions, although I had 2 hydra 26’s with no issues. The sale hit me, even though I said to my friend, I bet they come out with a new light and he said no. That won’t happen!!! Well, what a surprise. They did come out with a new one. In the interim I found hydra 32’s on sale on this website for only 200 each and only 7mths old. Sold my old ones for the same and it was a win, win for me.
But, now here’s the kicker. I still got caught up in the hype and purchased two xr15 pros gen 5’s along with another deal of snatching two reef brite xho for 140 with the dimmers. Still caught up in the hype, I wanted to go further and get the 6’s, but the company I bought them from said that they don’t take back open box radions and I quote, “just the radions”. First they said it was the ecotech. Then they admitted because the new gen came out, only to see open box radions for sale on there site two days later.
The story gets funny when you think about it, but I should’ve been enraged, I’m not. I just feel like they took advantage cause one they thought I was either stupid, or maybe they figured because I was a women, I don’t know. The last excuse was that no company is taking them back, which I know for sure is not true.
Anyway, here I am with 2 radion gen 5 pros, which I really like and new hydra 32’s, and 2 Reefbrites with dimmers all for the wonderful price of $950.
Should I complain, probably not, but with this hobby it is so addicting, and I still am finding myself trying to think of a way to upgrade. So, my question is, what is it with us reefers that we just can’t let it go and we have to have whatever it is that just came out. I don’t know, but I really have to stop. I have a new build that I’ve always wanted and that should be enough, but my fellow reefers it’s never enough. It’s never never enough. Haha.
I hope I made you guys laugh and I know that quite a few of you will identify with me. In the meantime, When I figure out how to get the 6’s I’ll let you know. Oh, and my last question? How many of you feel I got taken for on those lights? They were not even two weeks that I bought them.
Sounds like you did pretty good with your bargain hunting.

Napoliandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"they thought I was either stupid, or maybe they figured because I was a women"
Yes, I laughed.
It’s all good. But can you believe the excuses I got. Every company in reefing takes things back with a penalty and that would’ve been fine, I would’ve paid it, but they didn’t even give me a chance. They just didn’t want to get stuck with them. Also, I think everything happens for a reason and one, I made out pretty good and two, yes there are always bumps in the road with new items that have to be adjusted down the road. Hopefully they figure them out before the holiday sales.

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still caught up in the hype,
That's the problem. If you go back to when all of the other generations were released by various manufacturers, they were all hyped. It's like passing cars on the highway--there's no "front". It's all just one thing after another. Don't get caught up in it.
I wanted to go further and get the 6’s, but the company I bought them from said that they don’t take back open box radions and I quote, “just the radions”.
First they said it was the ecotech. Then they admitted because the new gen came out, only to see open box radions for sale on there site two days later.
Valid point on the seller's part. Why should they take back perfectly good lights?
they thought I was either stupid, or maybe they figured because I was a women,
A women? Sounds like a they/them thing, LOL.
I don’t know. The last excuse was that no company is taking them back, which I know for sure is not true.
I think it's highly likely to be true, now that Gen 6 is out. If they work, why would they ever take them back? They're not Costco. They're in business to sell what's in stock.
Anyway, here I am with 2 radion gen 5 pros, which I really like and new hydra 32’s, and 2 Reefbrites with dimmers all for the wonderful price of $950. Should I complain, probably not,
Nope. Gen 5s are fine. Why do you feel that you got duped for buying such a popular LED?
but with this hobby it is so addicting, and I still am finding myself trying to think of a way to upgrade. So, my question is, what is it with us reefers that we just can’t let it go and we have to have whatever it is that just came out.
I think you have a misconception about the people in the hobby. Usually, when people get to the point at which they like the results (growth and predictability), they tend to put on the brakes in that aquarium.
I don’t know, but I really have to stop. I have a new build that I’ve always wanted and that should be enough.
Thinking the next new thing is somehow "better" is a real problem, because it's a never-ending journey. Is your source of enjoyment in the hobby a nice looking tank, or in buying everything in sight because if it's new, it must be better? Serious question.
So if you want some kind of revenge on the company that refused to take them back, buy G6s from somebody else. That'll teach 'em.

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often, the best deals are one generation older than cutting edge. Gen 5s are on sale as sellers try to get rid of the older stock. Sometimes, even older tech is still a great deal. I just bought a half dozen Radion XR30W Gen 3 Pros (that's right, Gen 3) dirt cheap. My sticks and other corals are extremely happy.

Napoliandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, as I was saying. I don’t feel duped. I waited a long time because I don’t have the money to buy what I want. The hydra 26 I bought when the 32’s came out and everybody was in the hype. Paid half price for them. But, this was my dream build. Bigger tank and even with that, I still did most things myself to save money. Stand, sump, and mounting arms. But when I saw the sale, I wanted to treat myself finally for always having to save where I can. I’m happy with the lights and with reef brites, I should get great coverage. It’s just funny to me how we always want more. The 5’s will be fine for the time being. Hopefully this is my last tank. Maybe? I really just can’t wait to see it thrive. I think a lot of people might feel a little duped because of the newer gen 6 coming so fast and a lot of people figured the 5 would be the generation for at least a little while more and purchased them. I got a great deal and I am not complaining, I’m happy again with how things turned out. Like I said, everything happens for a reason. I love my new build.

F668AB2D-FFE3-4E69-9C2B-A1C1BA7CE648.jpeg 439B50A6-BC39-4ACA-A4AE-CC1A974D0472.jpeg 3DC4A54D-F2C6-4CA3-9DF9-0D292FE97B22.jpeg 4E95A026-BEC1-43C2-B106-DC2F0A230B30.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back