Ecotech Radion G6?

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates, my G3 is slowly dying so hopefully they release G6 soon.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’re safe to buy gen5 lights. The amount of improvement to gen6 can’t be too massive. And they’re still new enough that you’d be holding off a while waiting on gen6. I’d buy a light you intend to use for 5 years at least, which case you’ll be witnessing a couple upgrades happen over that course of time. If you must upgrade your leds every time a new anything comes out...you’re not a reef tank hobbyist. You’re an led hobbyist

Off topic, but would be nice if they could manage to keep their versa pumps in stock.
I would take "versas on demand" well before and new light upgrade!

followed by Neros in stock

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All, Its been about 1.5 years on the G5 and I was wondering if there was any news out there on the G6? Looking to upgrade and would expect that when I purchaser some XR30 Blues the new G6 will be unveiled.

Ugh. Ecotech sounds like a clone of Samsung.
Galaxy S20!
Galaxy S21!
Galaxy S22!
Universe S99!
Omnicron S-Infinity!

We are early enough in our reef hobby to dictate where the trends go. I get it. Advancements in speed of data. But that is not the case with lighting for corals.

Don't let them dictate what we want.

Radion G6 (6 Generations? It takes you that long to give us lighting that corals thrive in? I I think thats been scientifically proven for decades.) G6 Radions better offer better angle spread, longevity, ease of use via UI or better integration with my home network or at the very least, change the water for me, or I'm going to start making aptiasia artillery trebuchets at their offices.

Hobbyists have control over what we expect. Don't be sheeple consumers.

Last edited:

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. Ecotech sounds like a clone of Samsung.
Galaxy S20!
Galaxy S21!
Galaxy S22!
Universe S99!
Omnicron S-Infinity!

We are early enough in our reef hobby to dictate where the trends go. I get it. Advancements in speed of data. But that is not the case with lighting for corals.

Don't let them dictate what we want.

Radion G6 (6 Generations? It takes you that long to give us lighting that corals thrive in? I I think thats been scientifically proven for decades.) G6 Radions better offer better angle spread, longevity, ease of use via UI or better integration with my home network or at the very least, change the water for me, or I'm going to start making aptiasia artillery trebuchets at their offices.

Hobbyists have control over what we expect. Don't be sheeple consumers.
While making a good point you also come across sounding like an iPhone fan by calling out Samsung; as if Apple (or every other manufacturer) doesn't do the same thing. Its all marketing and everyone must have the latest greatest thing even if it is not any better. Good thing we can not run out of numbers.

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While making a good point you also come across sounding like an iPhone fan by calling out Samsung; as if Apple (or every other manufacturer) doesn't do the same thing. Its all marketing and everyone must have the latest greatest thing even if it is not any better. Good thing we can not run out of numbers.
Ok. this is getting stupid.
Its not about name brands. Can you look at the larger scope of my message?
If it serves your fancy, then use XXX namebrand (Iphone/Samsung/BMW/Mercedes) of your choice. By all means. Whatever makes you comfortable.

Look at the larger scope of the message. o_O

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. this is getting stupid.
Its not about name brands. Can you look at the larger scope of my message?
If it serves your fancy, then use XXX namebrand (Iphone/Samsung/BMW/Mercedes) of your choice. By all means. Whatever makes you comfortable.

Look at the larger scope of the message. o_O
Well that is exactly what I was saying. Good message let's not throw names at it. Or did you not look at the larger scope of my message?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect the next generation to be a blend of the Hydra and Radion to try and keep both customer bases happy, but probably tick them all off at the same time. It will be called the Hydrion or Radra. Then, some preset programs and settings with the BRS name on them. Whatever happens will be similar to when all other companies join up with their rivals... blending and narrowing of the product set.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I’m the minority here, but I don’t think Mobius is that bad. I’ve never had connection problems, it has good granularity as far as light spectrum, intensity, ramping up/down, moonlighting, and controls. Not sure what else I would want.
WiFi while nice isn’t that important to me. Not going to change lighting unless I’m in front of the tank. I only have 1 simple upgrade request, display the template I’m running. Should be pretty simple.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back