Ecotech Radion RMS Singl Arms -- Got to Go!

txmaverickmh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

Thank you in advance for your time, a little rant and then important question...I have read so many threads on R2R going back to 2017 complaining about the "lean" or "drooping" on the Radion XR30 single arm mounts, I am very shocked that this is still a major complaint heading into 2024.

I just set up my dream tank, have Vortech MP40s, Vectra return pump, and decided to light my tank with Three Radion XR30s...I have been out of the hobby for 8 years, but used vortechs with previous setups, ALWAYS been impressed with Ecotech customer service and products....BUT, what in the world happened with not improving these mounts?????? And, I have seen the horrible customer service message that they "were engineered that way," unreal!

I love the lights, love everything Ecotech, but cannot stand these Arm mounts...I have tried various shims with plastic and rubber (almost dropped a light fixture in the tank, thank goodness, I had a quick reaction and caught it perfectly), but nothing seems to make them level...and worst, one has a worse lean than the others.

MY QUESTION: If I move to the RMS Rail system, it looks like this improves the lean? I have heard of dropping with the rail system as well, but mostly on longer tanks...my tank is 5 feet (60 inches) long, would I have the dropping with this option as well?

Final question...are the rail mounts the same as the single arm mounts? Meaning all I really need to purchase to try this upgrade is just the appropriate "rail," then I can use my existing arm mounts on the sides, and the same Radion hanging slide mounts?

Thank you so much in advance for your help, love this community and all of the expert thoughts and help!

Michael

Jaydubb77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! These mounts womp! The lean is aggressive and makes them look broken!
I tried the rail system on my 5-foot tank and while it doesnt sagg that bad, the cords coming down the side of the glass drive me nuts. So its either droopy back mounts or cords galore!? Surely someone has come up with a solution as Ecotech says its totally normal even after 9 years of us complaining!

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

Thank you in advance for your time, a little rant and then important question...I have read so many threads on R2R going back to 2017 complaining about the "lean" or "drooping" on the Radion XR30 single arm mounts, I am very shocked that this is still a major complaint heading into 2024.

I just set up my dream tank, have Vortech MP40s, Vectra return pump, and decided to light my tank with Three Radion XR30s...I have been out of the hobby for 8 years, but used vortechs with previous setups, ALWAYS been impressed with Ecotech customer service and products....BUT, what in the world happened with not improving these mounts?????? And, I have seen the horrible customer service message that they "were engineered that way," unreal!

I love the lights, love everything Ecotech, but cannot stand these Arm mounts...I have tried various shims with plastic and rubber (almost dropped a light fixture in the tank, thank goodness, I had a quick reaction and caught it perfectly), but nothing seems to make them level...and worst, one has a worse lean than the others.

MY QUESTION: If I move to the RMS Rail system, it looks like this improves the lean? I have heard of dropping with the rail system as well, but mostly on longer tanks...my tank is 5 feet (60 inches) long, would I have the dropping with this option as well?

Final question...are the rail mounts the same as the single arm mounts? Meaning all I really need to purchase to try this upgrade is just the appropriate "rail," then I can use my existing arm mounts on the sides, and the same Radion hanging slide mounts?

Thank you so much in advance for your help, love this community and all of the expert thoughts and help!

Michael
The mounting arms are the same, just buy the rail and you're good to go. You obviously use the slides that you already have on your XR30s.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is mounting an rms rail to the wall an option? I bought two articulated tv arms and mounted them to the wall behind my tank.
IMG_5339.jpeg
IMG_5340.jpeg

Jaydubb77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mounting arms are the same, just buy the rail and you're good to go. You obviously use the slides that you already have on your XR30s.
The rail is hideous! the power cords come out of the sides which doesn't look clean at all. Plus the RMS mount still buckle a bit because my tank has the euro bracing so you can clamp them..they kind of just rest there

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back