Ecotech Vectra L1 - New Version - Improvements!

zer0salinity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Ecotech! They replaced my L1 Vectra with a L2 Vectra after I showed them pictures of the failure. They definitely stand by their product.
Ecotech its been the best customer service company ever. They replaced two MP40’s and one MP10 even out of the warranty period, they overnight it to me knowing that my acros colonies without flow are done. Awesome company and even if they have to replace the whole 1st year Vectra production they can, all liability problems from any product certified are obligated to have an insurance just in case goes wrong. Kudos to Ecotech[emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]
and that’s why I’ll keep buying from this great company. Honesty is definitely one of their core values and making sure the customer is happy.

zer0salinity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sleepydoc is spot on there. I think vectra was trying to do the same thing but I agree their water "in" and "out" holes for the cooling loop are nearly beside each other so the pressure differential is likely minimal. Seems like a missed opportunity there, but who knows.

I agree that they all seem to be completely depending on radiant cooling but without elements to increase their surface area for improved convection. Interesting when you compare it to pumps like reeflo (AC) that actively cool the electric motor with a fan.

This, along with some of our hobbies lighting challenges, make me wish that a big fish would find the market attractive enough to swoop in and really do something right, but for an affordable price. I guess phillips was the closest thing we got with lighting, and even they just kind of dipped their toes in.

Wellp, it sounds like we have a few people here with technical backgrounds, lets start a company.
I would think that ecotech being aware of the issue regarding the cooling has analyzed the flow characteristic for their new using CFD analysis.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back