EcoTech Vectra M1- issues

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an opportunity to buy a used M1 for $100. But has issues: seller says it works in all speeds- but no feed mode. Is this a repairable issue? Seller things it’s the controller. Anyone ever experienced this? Is it worth buying for $100?

my first thought was “get it” but then I’ve done this before with other stuff and ended up spending more to fix things then had I just gotten new, or just plan not been able to fix and lost out all together.

what’s you all’s thoughts? Worth the risk or should I pass?

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For $100 go for it, it's likely a controller issue. But, I'm one of those people who have never used any other mode other than "constant" for my return pump.

Anubisxii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the m2 is 300 some odd $ the real question is 200+ $ worth the future frustration and the not knowing when its fully going to die. That's how I would look at this situation. I am just not a fan of buying used gear especially something at the heart of your system. If it was just a wave maker or Auto feeder something that breaks and you can just grab another in a pinch I would be more understanding. Honestly that's how I look at things like this. Not saying that is what you should do but its how I justify buying new.

OP
OP
Bfragale

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the m2 is 300 some odd $ the real question is 200+ $ worth the future frustration and the not knowing when its fully going to die. That's how I would look at this situation. I am just not a fan of buying used gear especially something at the heart of your system. If it was just a wave maker or Auto feeder something that breaks and you can just grab another in a pinch I would be more understanding. Honestly that's how I look at things like this. Not saying that is what you should do but its how I justify buying new.

deep down that was the answer I was looking for. ... your right. Thank you

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is it? M1 first came out June-ish 2015. I would not personally pay $100 for a 5 year old pump .... now if it was more recent .....

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back