Ecotech Versa - Auto Water Changes Anyone?

reefin_with_the_fam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking into getting the Versa for an auto water change solution since I currently do not have an apex. Just wondering if anyone has used them yet for this purpose and if so how do they like it?
Thanks!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nanos With A Backbone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking into getting the Versa for an auto water change solution since I currently do not have an apex. Just wondering if anyone has used them yet for this purpose and if so how do they like it?
Thanks!
I am in the middle of setting my Ecotech Versa 4 pack with base station up for auto water changes as we speak. I am having a few issues though. During calibration I can get both pumps I’m using to calibrate to 30ml and 50ml absolutely perfect. But when I set the pumps to dose 3785ml, or basically 1 gallon of water, one of them will fill a milk jug almost to the top, and the other one will overflow it so much I needed a bucket close by to catch the rest of it. I have re calibrated the pumps multiple times with the same results. So much that I actually lied to 1 pump and said it was dosing 2ml more than It was during calibrating, and this has gotten me to the point that neither pump overflows the milk jug and fills to the same line on the jug. Now I haven’t contacted EcoTech yet about this issue, and it could be something that’s easily fixed...but calibrating to 30ml is calibrating to 30ml so...not sure how I’d being doing it wrong. I pretty big deal in my opinion though, if I’m pulling a gallon of bad water out each day, and putting a gallon of good water in each day, they need to be really close. The difference each day over the course of a month is pretty big... and will drastically change salinity overtime. Not something I wanna have to concern myself with after spending $600USD. I will contact them and see what their solution is for this, and will post again with any changes they’ve made to fix the issues, or with finding that I’m doing something wrong.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back