Ecotech Versa for AWC?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it a couple months.. then I think they will have a good solution for AWC. I know they are working on a solid solution for AWC.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned - wait a couple of months. They are still working out some bugs buyers are having w/them.

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned - wait a couple of months. They are still working out some bugs buyers are having w/them.

what bugs? The leaking fittings are the only issue we have experienced and has subsequently been solved. Fewer than 3% of customers from the first shipments experienced this.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what bugs? The leaking fittings are the only issue we have experienced and has subsequently been solved. Fewer than 3% of customers from the first shipments experienced this.

The leaking fittings was what I was talking about. I hadn't heard a thing about it being solved, just seeing new videos popping up daily lately. That's what made me hold off. I like Ecotech gear, have lots of it. Sorry.

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 weeks, 2.5 GPD no issues.

5C7B04F6-4A8E-4075-A17B-4ED267BE349B.jpeg

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would you mind sharing how you set this up? Do you have them both set to take/add x amount during the same time period?
For now I have them set for constant AWC at 6.6 mL/min pulling out of my salt mix station and discharging to my sink drain. Water goes in my 1st sump compartment and new salt water in my last. Used some tubing suction cups to secure the dirty water inlet in the sump.

I calibrated using the tubing that is currently used for the AWC system (full lengths).

I am transfer my Apex to a new build. Once I do I will program 2 changes per day at 1.5 gallon each. Then plug the Vesra into my powerbar and setup some safeties (low/high sump level, salt concentration etc..).

Out
IMG_5689.jpg

In
IMG_5690.jpg

OP
OP
blstravler

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For now I have them set for constant AWC at 6.6 mL/min pulling out of my salt mix station and discharging to my sink drain. Water goes in my 1st sump compartment and new salt water in my last. Used some tubing suction cups to secure the dirty water inlet in the sump.

I calibrated using the tubing that is currently used for the AWC system (full lengths).

I am transfer my Apex to a new build. Once I do I will program 2 changes per day at 1.5 gallon each. Then plug the Vesra into my powerbar and setup some safeties (low/high sump level, salt concentration etc..).

Out
IMG_5689.jpg

In
IMG_5690.jpg

So I never thought they you need to use the exact same length of tubing for this. Thank you for the information - going to work on setting this up. I see so many uses and the Mobius app is perfect for everything I’m thinking of.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I never thought they you need to use the exact same length of tubing for this. Thank you for the information - going to work on setting this up. I see so many uses and the Mobius app is perfect for everything I’m thinking of.
You don't need to use exact lengths of tubing, the beauty of calibration is that once you have the pumps in place and tubes ran, all you have to do is calibrate each pump... and you'll be in business

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to use exact lengths of tubing, the beauty of calibration is that once you have the pumps in place and tubes ran, all you have to do is calibrate each pump... and you'll be in business
Sorry for the confusion. Yes, just calibrate once you have your tubes ran for the most accurate dosing.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been doing daily AWC with my versa pumps of between 2 to 4 gallons over 6 hours for the past month. LOVE IT. A couple of small bugs that customer service took care of. FAR superior to apex doS for AWC greater then 3 gallons.

OP
OP
blstravler

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been doing daily AWC with my versa pumps of between 2 to 4 gallons over 6 hours for the past month. LOVE IT. A couple of small bugs that customer service took care of. FAR superior to apex doS for AWC greater then 3 gallons.
Thanks!
There is no specific - AWC tool in the Mobius app so I assume you are just taking out and adding the same amount?

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would you mind sharing how you set this up? Do you have them both set to take/add x amount during the same time period?

Same amount in and out over the same time period. Put the "intake to tank" near the main return pump. Put the "out take of dirty water" far away upstream from return pump.

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Out
IMG_5689.jpg

In
IMG_5690.jpg

what brand is that blue tube holder?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back