Ecotech Versa discontinued?

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking for the Versa pumps for months. Never in stock. I stopped by a large LFS in NY and the owner told me that his echotech rep said they were discontinued. Has anyone else heard this?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking for the Versa pumps for months. Never in stock. I stopped by a large LFS in NY and the owner told me that his echotech rep said they were discontinued. Has anyone else heard this?
False!

They will be back in the market soon. Production has slowed down due to Covid, and they are also moving to a new facility.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new pumps that only came out a year ago.....

I would be very suspect of this LFS.

I know they were having supply issues with the virus and all. Took me a while to find them in stock anywhere, and it seems like ecotech might still be having supply issues.

OP
OP
USMA36

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t think so either but he was pretty adamant about it. Figured I’d post here and see if it as likely or not.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t think so either but he was pretty adamant about it. Figured I’d post here and see if it as likely or not.
I heard from a reputable source that they are expected back in a month or two. He is one of the larger YouTube guys who has no reason to lie.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

don't you just love the people who don't know the complete truth but speak as if they do...

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are only rumors. I'm just disappointed that EcoTech didn't come to clear up anything.

It was said due to COVID. I would buy that half a year ago. Literally all manufacturing is back up to some extend at this point. As well as the brand new products of them. If the only they were working on is ramp up production, it would have landed already. If they were so incapable of production, they would have failed as a company by this point. It seems more like they chose not to rather than they could not.

Then there was saying that it's pushed back for some redesign. This is more believable for the long time silence. Also make sense why they haven't ramp up production of it yet. If they are updating the design of it, it make sense to wait for it to finish before ramp up production.

But either way it's still just rumor. It's dead until proven alive. Or alive until announced dead. Make your own choice. The last time I hear about it couple weeks ago, ReefDudes mentioned on livestream that he heard from a friend of him heard that it would come back in stock in couple month. lol

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are only rumors. I'm just disappointed that EcoTech didn't come to clear up anything.

It was said due to COVID. I would buy that half a year ago. Literally all manufacturing is back up to some extend at this point. As well as the brand new products of them. If the only they were working on is ramp up production, it would have landed already. If they were so incapable of production, they would have failed as a company by this point. It seems more like they chose not to rather than they could not.

Then there was saying that it's pushed back for some redesign. This is more believable for the long time silence. Also make sense why they haven't ramp up production of it yet. If they are updating the design of it, it make sense to wait for it to finish before ramp up production.

But either way it's still just rumor. It's dead until proven alive. Or alive until announced dead. Make your own choice. The last time I hear about it couple weeks ago, ReefDudes mentioned on livestream that he heard from a friend of him heard that it would come back in stock in couple month. lol
Exactly, I have been waiting for them to restock since end of summer. If one of the largest manufacturers in the industry couldn't figure out how to restock product by this point they prob wouldn't be in business anymore.

Get it together Ecotech, some of us are very invested in your platform, you at least owe us a statement with a -real- availability date or let us know if we should just take out business elsewhere...

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, BRS just had 19 pop up, I just bought one.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefco in NJ had 2 over the weekend. They just got them in.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, BRS just had 19 pop up, I just bought one.
gd... They gone already
table flip GIF

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk reef have it now
Not any more they don't. They sold out just about as soon as they put them online. I was lucky to be sitting at my computer when I got the email notification that they were in stock. From getting that email to being checked out was less than a minute for me.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back