OP
OP
Brasileiro561

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tubing is 8mm X 4.8mm. One can buy PharMed BPT tubing on eBay from Kamoer.
I took the leaking 1st gen hose assembly apart and I don't see any reason why one could not replace the tubing. There is a considerable difference in pump output on the Kamoer between the silicon and PharMed tubing.

Since you upgraded the tubing. Have you had any problems? Like going out of calibration or stop pulling/push. It’s a good idea. How long the new tube has been running and running what equipment.

ichthyoid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at several pump tubing supplier web sites, it appears that there are many specific grades of tubing, including low ‘spallation’ grades.

Spallation is a mechanism where the surface of a material fragments due to an applied physical force, such as a compression wave. Supersonic aircraft encounter spalling when flying through rain at high speeds after breaking the sound barrier as an example. This results in a micro-pitting of the surfaces, which are exposed to those forces.

Discovered in Germany by Dornier & later used in a number of applications. Such as breaking kidney stones via sound waves applied externally to the body.

I am speculating that this mechanism ‘may’ be involved in the Versa tubing failures. If so, it might be mitigated by changing the grade of tubing.

My speculation is reenforced somewhat by the fact that the company insists the Versa only be used in applications where the water in pushed.

If used in a pulling configuration, the pressure within the fluid drops, perhaps quickly & especially at higher speeds. That may cause cavitation & contribute to spalling.

Knowing how product development works, they may be constrained by necessary sales margins required to make the product sufficiently profitable. In which case, they possibly can’t afford to upgrade to a more expensive tubing.

Watch for either a remedial tubing product introduction, or an unremarkable exit from the market, for the Versa pump. My $0.02

Last edited:

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tubing is 8mm X 4.8mm. One can buy PharMed BPT tubing on eBay from Kamoer.
I took the leaking 1st gen hose assembly apart and I don't see any reason why one could not replace the tubing. There is a considerable difference in pump output on the Kamoer between the silicon and PharMed tubing.

what did you do for clamping the new tubing?

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t follow through with the experiment. I had the part and wanted to see if a viable alternative existed. I suspect even tie wraps would work holding the tubing in place, just like the Kamoer uses.
I am skeptical that ETM has found some magic silicon tubing. The Kamoer indicates silicon tubing should be replaced after 200 hours.
Since the Versa is unavailable I purchased a Kamoer. I can’t say I am impressed with the Kamoer.
I have a Versa used as a doser and it works well for me.

OP
OP
Brasileiro561

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll stick with my kamoer. Haven’t changed my tubing in a year.

Do you use it with a CaRx? How many ml per min?

@Robinson that would great man. I was looking at the bpt but price average around 80$. Not worth for one versa specially for an experiment. Now if it actually works then it would be a good investment

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use it with a CaRx? How many ml per min?

@Robinson that would great man. I was looking at the bpt but price average around 80$. Not worth for one versa specially for an experiment. Now if it actually works then it would be a good investment

Using during photo period at 35ml x min and during night at 25ml x min. Why? Because with the help of my Alkatronic I was able to see that the consumption of the corals is higher during the photo period than is during night. So I run different speed to basically lower the drop in alk do to consumption. When I was dosing three part, I dose 70% during photo period and 30% at night. This allowed me to have a .10 daily swing of Alk. Now with the reactor is a littler more complicated to keep the same daily swing, I'm around .30 daily swing on Alk with the reactor which is very good, but Im always looking to get it better :)

The good thing about the versa is that you can do this kind of programming, I'm not sure if the Kamoer will allow you to do the same thing (different dosing schedules during the day).

I was able to locate on ebay a listing of 1 meter of PharMed BPT for $23.10. Seller is Kamoer store.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW ...
I have an application where I can NOT have any air in the line. It is high Alk in solution that is returning to my tank it runs at a pretty slow rate 3ml/min. I have also found that on my Kalkwasser line and I suspect on the Alk return line that the tubes are leaking air into the line. This is a serious problem for me.

I also suspect that even if the line were seawater that the entry of air into the line will cause precipitation issues and possibly some of the problems that are being experienced here.

:(

Edit: I just occurred to me that the input (vacuum side) fitting is one touch. This is a guarantee air leak.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brasileiro561

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.... and my tube is flat ... at 3 months. :(

dang dude. Talk to Ecotech. They’ll send you a new one for free. They’ve sent me a few already. Actually everybody should be emailing them. Maybe if they see how crap the tubes are maybe they change for a better material.
I’m still looking for another tube. Medical grade if possible. The BPT I can’t find the right measurements. Did get the clips off amazon and they seem to be the same

Once I find the tube and test it I’ll post it here

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang dude. Talk to Ecotech. They’ll send you a new one for free. They’ve sent me a few already. Actually everybody should be emailing them. Maybe if they see how crap the tubes are maybe they change for a better material.
I’m still looking for another tube. Medical grade if possible. The BPT I can’t find the right measurements. Did get the clips off amazon and they seem to be the same

Once I find the tube and test it I’ll post it here
Nice. That would be really helpful! :)

Could you link the clamps you found on Amazon?

Also, I ended up getting a Kamoer F4 Pro doser. That was a HUGE mistake. After downloading yet another %@#%$@%$ app. the update is now stuck at 60%. I tried to take it back to LFS and the owner said that he can't even return it to them without an RMS from coralvue (their support?). Needless to say they are closed on the weekend and I am stuck hand dosing because the Kamoer doesn't work and my other pump leaks air. This has been a nightmare. I am going to post on my Kamoer experience when I get some sort of resolution. Also Kamoer is Chinese, not that that is super important but I think about Huawei and the problem of having it behind my firewall with my data and access available to chinese servers. I don't like Google doing it (and I have worked to winnow down my usage of anything Google) and I definitely don't want Kamoer doing it. FWIW.

OP
OP
Brasileiro561

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. That would be really helpful! :)

Could you link the clamps you found on Amazon?

Also, I ended up getting a Kamoer F4 Pro doser. That was a HUGE mistake. After downloading yet another %@#%$@%$ app. the update is now stuck at 60%. I tried to take it back to LFS and the owner said that he can't even return it to them without an RMS from coralvue (their support?). Needless to say they are closed on the weekend and I am stuck hand dosing because the Kamoer doesn't work and my other pump leaks air. This has been a nightmare. I am going to post on my Kamoer experience when I get some sort of resolution. Also Kamoer is Chinese, not that that is super important but I think about Huawei and the problem of having it behind my firewall with my data and access available to chinese servers. I don't like Google doing it (and I have worked to winnow down my usage of anything Google) and I definitely don't want Kamoer doing it. FWIW.

If you don't need continue dosing you should look into a DOS i have 2. one is about 1 year the other is 2 years. one do water change daily and the other works with the trident on auto dosing. i let the CaRx do the heavy lift and the DOS smooth out the alk & ca swing. long story short. I've never had any problems with them. And I'm yet to change the heads. i check the calibration every few months and its always dead on.

The only reason for the Versa is the continue duty. I was hoping apex would come out with a new version already.
good luck with your kamoer man. I'm looking at the Kamoer fx-stp.

here are the clips. get the 7-8.7 mm

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tubing just gave out and lasted 6 months exactly. Running at 40ml min in pull. Tubing went flat and bunch of calcium buildup clogging the tube. I took it apart and tried to clean it out with a q-tip but can already see cracks forming in the tube.

Looks like I'm going back to the kamoer and gonna use the Versa for kalkwasser or something.

OP
OP
Brasileiro561

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tubing just gave out and lasted 6 months exactly. Running at 40ml min in pull. Tubing went flat and bunch of calcium buildup clogging the tube. I took it apart and tried to clean it out with a q-tip but can already see cracks forming in the tube.

Looks like I'm going back to the kamoer and gonna use the Versa for kalkwasser or something.

How long does you kamoer last normally?

OP
OP
Brasileiro561

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys. i end up deciding ditching the Versa and skip the Kamoer and got a masteflex from a member here. very nice. The tubing is crazy heavy duty.
but...
I'm deploying for 1 year in 2 months. i need something reliable. which master flex proves to be. but i need something easy for my wife to adjust if she needs to. the one i got is not digital. I can deal with that. but she'll probably have a hard time with it. so i bought another master flex.
this one https://www.coleparmer.com/i/master...alcatalog&utm_campaign=3761-GH-Sourcebook-DOM
Should be here next week hopefully. with that being said. the first master flex is up for sale. $300 shipped if anyone is interested let me know

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 4 versas when then they first came out last year. All had to be replaced:(( Was using them for 6-10cc continuous auto water changes. They all slowly made a grinding a noise and seized. I'm hoping these last longer.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back