AI Nero 5

Lizardking

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi all, I was looking to get my first dosing pump to start dosing calcium and alkalinity. I can't decide between the Ecotech Versa, if o could find stock available or the Redsea Reef Dose. Has anyone had experience with both pumps? I've already got some Ecotech gear which would make it easier dealing with only one app.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Have you looked at the GHL 2.1 Dosers? Available in 2,3 or 4 heads, easy control, been around for quite a while now. I would be leery of the Versa even if you could find one, which you probably won't be able to for some time.

Ecotechs Mobious app is complete and total garbage and they have done very little to improve it. I have two vectras that run on the same app and it took 2 weeks and an endless chain of emails to get one of them setup and running on the app. The other one I gave up on and it just runs on a constant speed.

I have no experience with the Red Sea doser, they do look nice though.

ChuckTownReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Versa is a true stepper motor pump. The redsea is not a stepper pump. But GHL 2.1 stand alone is hands down the best very good quality and very high quality stepper motor peristaltic pumps. I run everything GHL.

Corals.com

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

AI Hydra

Have you ever had a nano reef tank?

• I have one now (leave a photo in the thread)

Votes: 230 45.7%
  • Yes, but in the past

Votes: 112 22.3%
  • No and no plans to have one

Votes: 87 17.3%
  • No but I want to have one in the future

Votes: 66 13.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.6%