Ecotech Versa vs Redsea Reef Dose

Lizardking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I was looking to get my first dosing pump to start dosing calcium and alkalinity. I can't decide between the Ecotech Versa, if o could find stock available or the Redsea Reef Dose. Has anyone had experience with both pumps? I've already got some Ecotech gear which would make it easier dealing with only one app.

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you're just doing additives, go with the redsea

If you're doing waterchange/ato go with the versas. Also go with the versas if the convenience is worth the price premium.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked at the GHL 2.1 Dosers? Available in 2,3 or 4 heads, easy control, been around for quite a while now. I would be leery of the Versa even if you could find one, which you probably won't be able to for some time.

Ecotechs Mobious app is complete and total garbage and they have done very little to improve it. I have two vectras that run on the same app and it took 2 weeks and an endless chain of emails to get one of them setup and running on the app. The other one I gave up on and it just runs on a constant speed.

I have no experience with the Red Sea doser, they do look nice though.

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Versa is a true stepper motor pump. The redsea is not a stepper pump. But GHL 2.1 stand alone is hands down the best very good quality and very high quality stepper motor peristaltic pumps. I run everything GHL.

BiggestE22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2 head reefdose and finally found a single Ecotech Versa. No competition as the Reefdose just does not have versatility and is very noisy. I like the Red Sea App a bit more but I also like the Mobius since I have a pair of MP-40s and Ecotech XR30 G5. The Versa completely silent and looks great. Very versatile as you can easily use for dosing, ATO, and when I find a another one I can then do automatic water changes. There is nothing that competes with Ecotech. They are the Apple of Aquarium hardware.

D0C6CB29-6E8C-4DC9-A70D-B6163647074E.jpeg

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of those two choices I would definitely go for the versa. Red Sea gear is generally fairly poorly built Chinese stuff with effective marketing behind it.

However, like others have said the GHL 2.1 doser is awesome and would be my top choice.

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL is able to do continuous dosing like the Versa ?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back