Ecotech VorTech Nutrient Transport Using Mobius

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the phases in Nutrient Transport is the creation of a resonant wave. Ecotech description says the following: " Phase one, or the wave phase, consists of the pumps pulsing at an expanding frequency so as to achieve a resonant wave in any aquarium at some point in the pulse cycle. If you have already tuned a waveform into your VorTech controller by using the auto-tune function in Short Pulse Mode, this saved resonant wave will automatically be used during phase one of this mode. " When using Mobius with Nutrient Transport the pulsing action seems to be set at approximately 1.5sec for the duration of the wave phase with no way to adjust in Mobius. This interval will not create a resonant wave in my tank. I also run Short Pulse Mode in Mobius and to get a resonant wave in my tank I have to set the duration time to 250msec on the Master. How can I get a 250msec resonant wave in Nutrient transport using Mobius or do I have to set the wave manually in short pulse on the controller. I have 4 pumps with one as master and the others as slave so if I have to do this manually do I just set the pulse on the master and the others will follow or do I need to set the pulse on all pumps. In 2yrs the only thing I have done manually is set min and max flow on my Vectra L2 so I am not very fluent with using manual control on the controllers.

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the phases in Nutrient Transport is the creation of a resonant wave. Ecotech description says the following: " Phase one, or the wave phase, consists of the pumps pulsing at an expanding frequency so as to achieve a resonant wave in any aquarium at some point in the pulse cycle. If you have already tuned a waveform into your VorTech controller by using the auto-tune function in Short Pulse Mode, this saved resonant wave will automatically be used during phase one of this mode. " When using Mobius with Nutrient Transport the pulsing action seems to be set at approximately 1.5sec for the duration of the wave phase with no way to adjust in Mobius. This interval will not create a resonant wave in my tank. I also run Short Pulse Mode in Mobius and to get a resonant wave in my tank I have to set the duration time to 250msec on the Master. How can I get a 250msec resonant wave in Nutrient transport using Mobius or do I have to set the wave manually in short pulse on the controller. I have 4 pumps with one as master and the others as slave so if I have to do this manually do I just set the pulse on the master and the others will follow or do I need to set the pulse on all pumps. In 2yrs the only thing I have done manually is set min and max flow on my Vectra L2 so I am not very fluent with using manual control on the controllers.
Update: I set the total time to 150min in accordance to the Ecotech diagram and I just looked at the tank and with only 3 minutes left in the mode it was in the wave phase pulsing at approx 250msec when according to the diagram it is supposed to be in the flushing phase. Very confusing.
9047373186_b7fcc3cfde_o.png

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back