EcoTech Vs Aquaillumination

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Kman237 , can you post pics of your tank lighted . Is it programable , does it offer out of the box presets ?

For a 90 gallon 48 inch long 24 depth , what do you guys suggest i go for in config and number of lights

I don't have any pictures of the tank on this computer. They are on my home computer and I'm at the office. My build thread in the link below has pictures I recently took of the tank.

With 24inch of depth, It depends on what you want to keep in the tank. I would recommend the Aqutic life 48-inch hybrid if that's what you are wanting to do. Youll get 4 bulbs of T5 and you can put three fixtures of LEDS or just two and always add a third if it wasn't enough. That would allow you to growth anything. If you are going just LED then I personally would get 52's. You could keep three 26's over the tank long ways and run them pretty high. If you are keeping sps go with 52's. Look online at successful sps LED tanks they have lots of LEDS above them. Do keep in mind I'm no expert :) cheers.

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And still no Apex interface for the Hydra HDs... really?

I prefer the App AI offers over controlling them with the Apex and I have a full Apex setup. The app is easier to control and easier to setup a schedule. Also it doesn't waste spots on my Apex power strip. Even if Apex supported it I wouldn't use it or I'd be out 4 outlets and I already use 4 of those to control my T5's. It's a clean app and you can controll multiple lights by updating one setting where the Apex you have to copy that setting over Xtimes depending on how many lights you are running.

mohican

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the App AI offers over controlling them with the Apex and I have a full Apex setup. The app is easier to control and easier to setup a schedule. Also it doesn't waste spots on my Apex power strip. Even if Apex supported it I wouldn't use it or I'd be out 4 outlets and I already use 4 of those to control my T5's. It's a clean app and you can controll multiple lights by updating one setting where the Apex you have to copy that setting over Xtimes depending on how many lights you are running.
Very good points that I had not considered.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None the less, if you tell your customers you plan on adding a feature you should do so.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None the less, if you tell your customers you plan on adding a feature you should do so.
Don't worry bud, they will release it when it's ready. Look how long it took for the Cor and now that it's here, no one remembers how long it took. It's more important to be right than to put out a flawed product that you will fix as you go along.

ReefOn55thDubai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the Maxspect Recurve 120 cm on a 140 cm tank (the maximum tank size for that particular LED using the included legs).
Only drawback so far is the slightly lower PAR at the sides, but that is in a 140cm tank. Coverage should be great in your tank.
Prize is $1299 and delivers plenty of light for your tank. My PAR readings in a Waterbox 170 Gallon are available in another thread. But the 80 cm in the center of the aquarium at a depth of 30 cm is all above 275.
In the same central part my PAR at the bottom (approx 55 cm depth) is around 200. Did one measurement in the centre at 6 cm depth and it clocked almost 500.
Only downside i encountered so far is that you need to buy their ICV6 unit to have wireless control of your lights (but then it can control many different aquariums).

In my case availability in Dubai was a factor. For some the price is a factor.
My dream setup would be 3 Ecotech Marine XR30W G4 Pros, but the G4 is not available here, and the G3 is at a price of $939 a piece, so Maxspect won for now, and I haven't regretted it so far.

AnxiousReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@_marine_dream_ what did you ended up choosing ecotech or ai. I have a reefer170 with ai prime HD but I’m thinking about upgrading to xr30pro. Everything seems to be growing with the primes. But my lfs says that rations are the best of the best. What makes them so different or better to make everyone claim they’re the best lights.

victoria casella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 3 AI Hydra 26 for almost a year and they are doing a great job, no need to look for other options. I am not saying AI is better, just saying AI does a great job.
Totally agree! I’ve run mine for 3 yrs and 100% happy! Great growth and color on sps and lps ....So why spend more!

victoria casella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@_marine_dream_ what did you ended up choosing ecotech or ai. I have a reefer170 with ai prime HD but I’m thinking about upgrading to xr30pro. Everything seems to be growing with the primes. But my lfs says that rations are the best of the best. What makes them so different or better to make everyone claim they’re the best lights.
I’m not knocking radion and they are actually the same company....I have 3 hydra 26 over my 525 xl Red Sea for 3 years and I’m 100% satisfied with growth and color with both lps and sps! I switched from my 15 year old reef with 1000w metal halide and so glad I did! So all I have to say is why spend twice as much?

Back