EcoTech Vs Aquaillumination

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And maybe raising the lights a little more than the standard arm will help with the spread. Always surprised at how high some of the professional growers have them.
I actually feel the spread is better with the diffuser. Here is the nano I’m building with and without the diffuser. Both pics taken with all channels at 100%.

Without
c0e3ea692e8c63bf6e56cd7fd55a40d4.jpg

With
0a6f5775f5bc598429389e2a45228458.jpg

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually feel the spread is better with the diffuser. Here is the nano I’m building with and without the diffuser. Both pics taken with all channels at 100%.

Without
c0e3ea692e8c63bf6e56cd7fd55a40d4.jpg

With
0a6f5775f5bc598429389e2a45228458.jpg

That demarcation at the top of the light switch pretty much clears that up LOL. How's the tank coming along?

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That demarcation at the top of the light switch pretty much clears that up LOL. How's the tank coming along?
It's coming along well. Got the Radion up to 40w and everything seems really happy.Of courst I have already broke down and added some SPS. Don't blame me though, blame Reef Raft. I have the 25g build in my signature for updates,

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's coming along well. Got the Radion up to 40w and everything seems really happy.Of courst I have already broke down and added some SPS. Don't blame me though, blame Reef Raft. I have the 25g build in my signature for updates,
Ya Man, checked it out last night - very nice. No idea how you live that close to reef raft and are able to put gas in your car. I'm about 1:15 from WWC and avoid it if all possible when in Orlando least I have to hang out on the corner somewhere with a sign that reads "Hungry, spent all my money on coral - Please help".

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting thread , i was about to ask the same , echotech vs ai and about the atlantik 4 . My preference was to use a tank mount , but the atlantik 4 review on brs seemed like the king is here . I about a month away from buying lights , will watch this thread keenly

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized that the aquatik needs a gateway for control using the web or app , without which you can only adjust manually , is that true ?

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love AI lights. I have run them on my past 4 tanks and my current tank. I did run Ecotech XR30 gen3 on a 85 gallon I had a few years back and they were nice but AI Hydra has me won. Back then the blues were more blue than the radions but now they seems to be the exact same. The are slightly cheaper and to me personally they look more clean then Radions. I don't run my 52's on max it's to much light I currently run 4 on my 180 but I do run a hybrid now and I would highly highly highly recommend it. The combination of T5 and led is awesome for multiple reasons. You have sun rise and sun set. You get amazing colors and to top it off the growth you get is amazing. My corals, lps and SPS have grown quicker and more colorful with a hybrid setup. I saw this on my past and my current tank. Either way I think you'll be happy with both brands. They are nice LEDs. In my opinion you can't go wrong choosing either one.

Cheers
802EBB62-359D-422B-86A7-B39C2CF5A2D8.jpeg

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love AI lights. I have run them on my past 4 tanks and my current tank. I did run Ecotech XR30 gen3 on a 85 gallon I had a few years back and they were nice but AI Hydra has me won. Back then the blues were more blue than the radions but now they seems to be the exact same. The are slightly cheaper and to me personally they look more clean then Radions. I don't run my 52's on max it's to much light I currently run 4 on my 180 but I do run a hybrid now and I would highly highly highly recommend it. The combination of T5 and led is awesome for multiple reasons. You have sun rise and sun set. You get amazing colors and to top it off the growth you get is amazing. My corals, lps and SPS have grown quicker and more colorful with a hybrid setup. I saw this on my past and my current tank. Either way I think you'll be happy with both brands. They are nice LEDs. In my opinion you can't go wrong choosing either one.

Cheers
802EBB62-359D-422B-86A7-B39C2CF5A2D8.jpeg
Thanks @Kman237 , can you post pics of your tank lighted . Is it programable , does it offer out of the box presets ?

For a 90 gallon 48 inch long 24 depth , what do you guys suggest i go for in config and number of lights

waxhawreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
27D47D03-C0C6-491C-BAC2-0089AC4869B0.jpeg
Recently I’ve switched from Kessils , tons of shimmer to xr15 pros, two Kessils to now three 15’s with the aquaticlife T5 fixture which is great for the price, on my 425 xl, they are mounted about 9” off the water and I only have them turned about 40% which with the ab+ settings it works out to be around 30% intensity, since three settings are low, u can easily get two 15’s to cover that tank, as far as those plastic covers go, the lights are already the most expensive, why spend more, 15’s will give u the slightest shimmer, with the T5’s on, no shimmer will be seen, color mixing is great, I’ve watched the BRS videos about color mixing, u have to look long and hard to find individual colors, it’s just another way of making u spend money, I have a reef link, a definite learning curve there, mostly because my router and reef link is on the second floor and tank on the first, but honestly, I’ve called ecotech about a dozen times over the last month to ask questions and such , great customer service, even if I’m alittle slow sometimes to get what they’ re saying, it’s nice to have an English speaking person on the phone, more times than none when u call , they link up to ur reef link and can see exactly what’s going on faster than u, because of that they are worth every penny!!!!

RandalV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On each of my aquatic life highbred fixtures I am running three ATI Blue plus and one ATI actinic on my hydra 52s running the old one’s not the HD’s like theme much better if you can find them on eBay with a controller I would highly suggest . You will save lots of money. My settings are as follows 12pm tell 7:30 pm with a 2 hour ramp time 25 % white 50% violet 25 red 25 green 50 deep blue 50 royal 50 UV my highbred comes on for for hours before hydras then turn of tell around 3pm thenthen run again tell 7pm as hydras are ramping down .

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back