Ecoxotic v.s. DIY Aquastyle

bambamsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2014
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
Lincoln, Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help? Almost done getting my equipment to setup a new 40 breeder with 20 long sump.. I am left with the question of lighting.. out of the two what are the pros/cons? i dont know which way to go?
 
I would do a Rapid, Steves, or LGB DIY instead. Ecoxotic are nice, not much spectrum unless you want to spend a lot, only dimmable. Aquastyle uses a so-so spectrum with knockoff leds.
Look into reefbreeders too.
 
I had one 48" Ecoxotic Panorama Bar on my 75g tank when I first started out. The first two years I grew both SPS and LPS. Grateful for that startup light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new