Eel Compatability

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly, if you can make intricate cave systems with pvc that are clearly separated. Lots of rock. You'll need heavy filtration, they're messy

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My filtration has been keeping nutrients very low, skimmer, macros etc. I might need to add an extra powerhead to keep the substrate kicked up if alot of detris builds up.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they'll get along. Bioload is going to be massive if you don't get a really big tank

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those 2 usually work well together but I wouldn't put a zebra in a 90g, at least a 6 foot tank. I don't think I have ever seen a zebra much smaller than 30", maybe 24" and 1.5" diameter; that's bringing home size. He'll be longer than the 90g in a year's time. The only complaint I;ve ever heard is they can be destructive on your corals, if it's a reef. You just have to chart his traveling path and place your corals accordingly. And yeah they eat and are messy; so a refugium, scrubber, or even dosing nopox will help,

3lusive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20191016_163245.jpg

This is my zebra just before I brought him home. The snowflake is still there, I might go back and get it.

LArifleMAN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a snowflake and smaller banded together in my 120g and they don't bother each other. The banded is slightly more reclusive though, he keeps to his specific rock and rarely ventures out far.

DennistheMenace

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a snowflake, a zebra, and just recently added a yellow headed moray. They are tangled up together all the time. No problems, so far. They are currently in a 125, but I imagine they will have to be relocated at some point. The snowflake and the zebra are close to 24" long now. The new eel is only about 14". They tend to stay hidden, until dark, or feeding time, and they definitely rearrange the rockwork. It is difficult to get good photos of their majesty, but I will try.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a snowflake, a zebra, and just recently added a yellow headed moray. They are tangled up together all the time. No problems, so far. They are currently in a 125, but I imagine they will have to be relocated at some point. The snowflake and the zebra are close to 24" long now. The new eel is only about 14". They tend to stay hidden, until dark, or feeding time, and they definitely rearrange the rockwork. It is difficult to get good photos of their majesty, but I will try.

Just watch that yellow head, when he matures they can get quite aggressive.

Back