Eel in Mixed Reef Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter NickG013
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NickG013

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking into getting an eel of some type for my 60 cube. The one that has caught my eye (if I can find one) is the dwarf golden moray eel. I'm going to have a lot of corals. The one thing I am worried about though is the eel breaking the SPS by moving around it. Is that something I need to be worried about? Or do they tend to stay in their one hole? In other words, I know some eels are listed as reef safe, but to what extent?
 
The golden dwarf is mostly reef safe. It may eat some small crabs and small shrimp but besides that your should be in good shape. Usually eels are pretty nimble and as long as your SPS is glued down they shouldn't get knocked over. The only real worry that i would have with Golden Dwarf eels I have heard a story where a guy's eel at one of his clams.
 
I think I may have found a guy that goes and collects them in Hawaii! I might end up with a pair of them... LOL
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new