Eggs Just Laying On The Sand Bed

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReeefGeek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReeefGeek

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Finally came around to making an account since this happened and I'm not sure what to do. The only pair of fish I have are bangai cardinals and I was not expecting them to become a breeding pair. Guess I should have been paying more attention.

Should I just leave them there on the sand, or should I take them out and put them in a breeder box? And what about the parents? I've read that the male is supposed to have the eggs in his mouth to incubate, so its strange that its just on the sand.

Also take a look at the attached image as I am pretty sure they are eggs but I could be wrong. Thanks and I appreciate any advice.

20190909_225130.jpg
 
Welcome to r2r!
They llok like bangai eggs but not fertile.
Mayhap you have 2 females...
 
They look like banggai eggs, its common for the Male not to carry the eggs to "full term" 20-28 days especially in young pairs. it is possible to hatch the eggs in an egg tumbler.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new