Eggs? Or algae?

oKrazyii

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2025
Messages
144
Reaction score
43
Location
Troy
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what these could be by any chance? I didn’t notice them when I checked my tank earlier today but now they’re here on this rock, they flow with the current and everything. In the tank I have 2 firefin gobies a yellow watchman, a clarkii clownfish, a lawnmower blenny and an engineer goby. I’m not including snails and other inverts as if it’s eggs I don’t think they’d lay them on the rocks? Maybe I’m wrong about that too lol but does anyone have an idea what these could be?

IMG_5495.jpeg IMG_5494.jpeg
 
looks like snail eggs to me, especially given the "trail" pattern. totally can lay them on the rocks but i agree that i think they like the glass more usually. do you have ceriths? it doesn't really match the pattern they tend to make and its hard to tell exactly how big they are but at first glance that's kind of what they look like to me.
 
looks like snail eggs to me, especially given the "trail" pattern. totally can lay them on the rocks but i agree that i think they like the glass more usually. do you have ceriths? it doesn't really match the pattern they tend to make and its hard to tell exactly how big they are but at first glance that's kind of what they look like to me.
yes, i have 2 turbo snails, a bunch of ceriths, son nassarius (or however its spelled lol) dwarft ceriths and a few nerites
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new