Eggs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maho.B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Maho.B

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
398
Reaction score
214
Location
Minnetonka, MN.
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I woke up to find 5 different sets of what I presume are snail eggs that are sort of snake like in their pattern, and also one set of the traditional loop pattern which I believe are cerith snails? What are the non looping ones? I have cerith, nassarus, astrea and turbo snails. Also, do any of these eggs ever become snails without any special treatment? Thanks

PXL_20250719_170921898.MP.jpg PXL_20250719_171025160.MP.jpg
 
#1 isn't eggs I think. I'll try to find what they are (unless @ISpeakForTheSeas beats me to it).

#2 are Cerith eggs, correct.
 
#1 isn't eggs I think. I'll try to find what they are (unless @ISpeakForTheSeas beats me to it).

#2 are Cerith eggs, correct.
Interesting. The type in my first picture there are 5 different clusters of them around the tank...all showed up over night
 
Any chance you have multiple species of Cerith in the tank? The first set looks like it may be "regular" Cerith eggs while the second looks like "Mexican Cerith" eggs - for pic comparisons/reference in order:
https://www.utahreefs.com/forum/what-is-this-white-stringy-stuff_topic41607.htmlhttps://www.reef2reef.com/threads/white-stringy-worm-on-glass.1077541/
You nailed it. Last night I saw one of the Cerith snails laying more eggs in the non pattern way, two different Cerith species for sure. Thanks.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new