Eheim 1260 pump impeller frozen

  • Thread starter Thread starter tigre44
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tigre44

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2009
Messages
327
Reaction score
273
Location
Elizabeth, Co
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Eheim pump has the impeller frozen in the motor. I believe that it is calcium buildup but I havew had it soaking in vinegar for about two weeks. The the buildup is gone on the rest of the pump but the impeller is still frozen. Anyone have ideas what I can do to get this impeller to move?
 
Are you using the vinegar full strength? I would also replace it every few days, until its free. Is it possible it overheated and has become warped?
 
if Vinegar doesnt do it I would replace the impeller before you damage the motor block
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new