Eheim Jager heater problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tovar921
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tovar921

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
40
Reaction score
9
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recently purchased a 100w Eheim Jager heater, the first day i calibrated it and set the temperature to 77 degrees. It was working fine for a day, then the second day i noticed that my temperature was 3 degrees higher than what iv'e set my heater to. so i re-calibrated the heater and now the heater wont turn off, i set it to 77 degrees and my tank temperature is now 83 degrees. i unplugged it before the temp gets to high. thanks
 
If you just bought it, I would contact the manufacturer for a replacement.
I never really messed with the calibration ring, I just set it and turned it down to where the heat needed, regardless of the marking.
I have added a finnex temperature controller on the latest build though, so there is backup to shut the heater off. I would recommend adding a controller whatever heater you end up using.
 
Wow you lucky didn't even have to calibrate it. Thanks I will try to contact them.
 
I always put the heaters behind some kind of temp controller that cuts the power to the heaters when water gets to a temp. Also, be a bit generous on picking the heater size. If you heater is a more than enough for you tank, they don't run all the time hence last longer.
 
What are good temperature controllers you guys recommend ?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new