Ehiem Compact 3000 Return Pump Problem...

  • Thread starter Thread starter chevy4w
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chevy4w

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2013
Messages
289
Reaction score
193
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the Eheim 3000 return pump and it's been operating fine until yesterday. I did my weekly water change and when I went to turn it back on it wouldn't pump. It was trying to pump but it couldn't get going. Never had any problem prior. I took it out and replaced it with my Mag 7.(NOISEY!!)I cleaned the pump. I then took the Eheim outside, put it in a bucket of water and turned it on-the motor is running but not pumping. If I lift the pump out of the water running and then set it back in the water it begins to pump fine.(???)Shut the pump off, turn it back on, in the water and the same thing, the motor runs but no pumping. Lift it out of the water running, put it back in and it pumps. Any suggestions?

Some stats: Pump is less than 2 years old.
I've been running it inside the sump.(can be run outside as well.
Thanks!
Bill
 
No...I don't give up that easily!!! I think I got it. There was some calcification in the front bearing housing, I scraped it out and tested it in a bucket of water. Turned it on and off many times and it's pumping. Ahhhh, $100+ will stay in my wallet....at least for now!
Good day today!
Bill
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new