ekoral Aquarium Controller

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
black.png
I am existed about this controller. From what I can find on it looks good! I plan on buying one.. It looks simple and clean.. I also like the warranty they offer 2 year and 3 year.

It also looks like they have simple input commands and a clean UI. I also am happy they offer cables for almost all of my gear on my tank and more!

The controller market is getting exciting and can't wait to get my hands on a few new units to test and post about.

www.ekoral.io

What are your thoughts on them?

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited to see what it might offer, but it will need to perform exceptionally to be a viable option over the other controllers on the market now. UI doesn't look to offer features much different than other controllers either.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I'll need another tank.

(Right after @Elder1945 builds my Profilux theme setup).
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

I would do a Profilux build lol :p

I'm excited to see what it might offer, but it will need to perform exceptionally to be a viable option over the other controllers on the market now. UI doesn't look to offer features much different than other controllers either.

Yes it does look about the same.. As for performing exceptionally I will give it some room to grow as the market needs more and more controllers to push innovation. I have had "established" controllers cause me 2 months of non stop issues to the point I sold them... Even then the guy who bought them had to get my original receipt to return them lol.... I give a quite a bit of time now for a brand new controller to get it right.

I guess though you can only turn off and on a outlet so many ways :p. I would like to see more and more company's give aquarium controllers a go.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need a controller with native iphone/android app and not some web server control type... Hopefully this will come out as an real product unlike fishbit... don't know where they are after a year..

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need a controller with native iphone/android app and not some web server control type... Hopefully this will come out as an real product unlike fishbit... don't know where they are after a year..
Why do you need a dedicated app if you already have an app that works good called a browser on your device. I don't see the need for more apps cluttering up my devices.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you need a dedicated app if you already have an app that works good called a browser on your device. I don't see the need for more apps cluttering up my devices.
Interesting, Comes back to an age old debate app vs website. If your theory is correct. Everyone will have a phone with 1 app, called browser. Native phone application has better user experience and does not require authentication each time you login from the browser. So why people use instagram app and not www.Instagram.com? Youtube app vs youtube.com etc

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
web bowsers can remember passwords. Also not all apps will log you in each time. Most of the banking apps will not.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
web bowsers can remember passwords. Also not all apps will log you in each time. Most of the banking apps will not.

Agree,... different generations user will have different perference.... market will drive whats being developed....

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this controller at MACNA- looked solid and very user friendly. Hoping to get input from some one who actually is using one.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
according to a sparse email I got this week it won't be out until the end of the year, this is after they told me it would be out in September. They keep pushing it back so I'm guessing nobody is actually using it. I was trying to hold out till September for this but the end of the year is way too long for me to wait plus they will likely push it back again I'm guessing. They gave away just the power bar at MACNA and not the actual head unit. this is the email

"Thank you for your mail.

The eKoral Pro is priced at USD 899.95 MSRP.
Please check Amazon Marketplace at end of 2017 for availability.

Kind regards,
Walter"

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.. thanks for posting, I was wondering why i had not heard about it much. Seemed like a great idea, etc too bad its not ready yet.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back