Elbow UP in geo?

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm not finding instructions for a new 624 reactor specifically on geo's site. Only old setup. Inside the newest version there's an elbow, they call it an accessory which to me means you don't need it unless you're doing something specific although they don't say what, and you can install it on the manifold facing UP.

Anyone have a newer version carx from them that can say what this elbow is for or if it's necessary?

My only guess is that it keeps circulation closer to the lid for gas collection maybe?

Accessory or is is supposed to be used?

Just got this tonite and he's closed. Wanted to start it up and start dialing it in.

geo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm not finding instructions for a new 624 reactor specifically on geo's site. Only old setup. Inside the newest version there's an elbow, they call it an accessory which to me means you don't need it unless you're doing something specific although they don't say what, and you can install it on the manifold facing UP.

Anyone have a newer version carx from them that can say what this elbow is for or if it's necessary?

My only guess is that it keeps circulation closer to the lid for gas collection maybe?

Accessory or is is supposed to be used?

Just got this tonite and he's closed. Wanted to start it up and start dialing it in.

Yes use it and face upwards. It pulls any build up of Co2 under the lid back into the loop.
GEO

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks much. I'm still thinking I'm sucking in air from the input line as I've purged it several times without CO2 and still get cavitation and more air on the lid. I'm going to try pulling the unit apart and teflon pasting the input threads to see if that stops it. I can't see any air getting in on any of the jg fittings nor is it bubbling in around the top seal in the cylinder. I'll post what happens. Really need to quiet down this reactor.

geo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ya I think I have already addressed this via email. You have the older model with input on the backside of the manifold. Follow the directions given in the email.
GEO

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Older model? Just bought this one from you, got it a few days ago. It's the 624 I just got.

geo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sorry I got you confused with someone else

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm...... so I don't think putting teflon paste on these threads is going to do it. There's only 2 and the other side can't be doped so what's the alternative?

Only thing I can think of is to silicone around the gasket to ensure no air ingress.

No air is coming in from anywhere else that I can see, and the only place I can't see is the input of the pump. And once the chamber is clear of air and there's no visible bubbles anywhere coming in I think the only other place to look is here.

I'm just leery of cranking down any harder than hand tightening the ring.

20190527_140416.jpg

20190527_140421.jpg

20190527_140426.jpg

Last edited:
Back