Electric Flame Scallop Commensalism

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hyprviperx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
WOW that site has quite a few bad little guys in there, both of the two crabs that I have found in my reef were there and they are bad....

Good find on the ID!
 
WOW that site has quite a few bad little guys in there, both of the two crabs that I have found in my reef were there and they are bad....

Good find on the ID!
 
Wow, finally got to watch that video. Thats amazing. Does the scallop do that 24/7? Does yours move around much?
 
thanks, i notice he seems to do it more in the mornings and at night, not so much during the day. yah he moves back and forth about 4-5 inches from one side to the other each day.
 
thanks, i notice he seems to do it more in the mornings and at night, not so much during the day. yah he moves back and forth about 4-5 inches from one side to the other each day.

Thats awesome. Every time I'm on LiveAquaria doing an order, I always think about adding a scallop to my order, just never have.
 
hopefully i can outlast everyone's 4 month threshold, ive got a pretty complete feeding regiment including DT's live phyto, and i dose ocean's blend 1&2 and kent marine (i think) reef A&B so i am hopefully providing food and all the elements macro/trace that it would need. Its like im a zombie every time i pass my tank i just stop and stare, trance-like until my dogs snap me out of it haha.
 
Hey all in the past I had one for longer that a year they like larger foods than photo plankton I found good success with coral frenzy soaked in amino mega and AA's target fed slowly nice pics and info btw
 
Hey all in the past I had one for longer that a year they like larger foods than photo plankton I found good success with coral frenzy soaked in amino mega and AA's target fed slowly nice pics and info btw

oh i feed much more than just the phyto, i feed reef nutrition, reef caviar, cyclopeze, mysis, live ReefPods, and live tigger pods i alternate the feedings regularly i dont want anyone to get too used to one food and id like to have a good variety hopefully giving more complete nutrition

its good to hear they can live longer than 4 months thanks for the FYI
 
thanks, hes been a good sport lately, i hope he lives too... he recently moved around a rock to the back of the tank so i haven't been able to get any pics/vids of him lately
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new